Foundation / Corporation
Mutual of Omaha Foundation
Grants to Nebraska and Iowa nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that aim to break the cycle of poverty in the Omaha-Council Bluffs metropolitan areas. Applicants must provide direct service within the following priority areas and must demonstrate how they are creating change:
- Affordable Housing
- Community Health
- Emergency Shelter
- Homelessness Prevention
- Domestic Violence
- Financial Education
- Literacy and Language
- Parenting Classes
- Workforce Development
- Abuse and Neglect
- College and Career Prep
- Out-of-School Programs
- Teen Parenting
Priority will be given to organizations that have outcome measures in place and that can adequately show the impact of their direct service program within the grant application.
Note: The Foundation expects applicants to have an understanding of other organizations working in the same issues and articulate how they work together when applicable.
GrantWatch ID#: 168734
This amount varies depending on the program, need and our budget. For reference only, in 2017, grants ranged from $10,000 to $150,000.
The Foundation only accepts applications from nonprofit organizations within the Omaha/Council Bluffs metropolitan area.
Organizations that want to apply to the Mutual of Omaha Foundation must provide direct service within the priority areas (listed in the Description above), and must demonstrate how they are creating change.
The Foundation is currently not accepting new capital campaign requests.
Applications are accepted two times per year:
- For review in Spring: Applications accepted January 1 – February 15
- For review in Fall: Applications accepted July 1 – August 15
Note: Before you apply, the Foundation expects that you have read and understand their funding priorities, the things they don’t fund, their outcomes philosophy, and their application process (see links below).
- Funding areas: http://www.mutualofomahafoundation.org/what-we-fund/
- Application process: http://www.mutualofomahafoundation.org/how-to-apply/program-application-process.php
- What you need to apply: http://www.mutualofomahafoundation.org/how-to-apply/what-you-need-to-apply.php
- Online application questions: http://www.mutualofomahafoundation.org/how-to-apply/what-you-need-to-apply.php
- Application system tips: http://www.mutualofomahafoundation.org/how-to-apply/application-system-tips.php
- Program Grant Outcomes: http://www.mutualofomahafoundation.org/grant-outcomes/index.php
- FAQs: http://www.mutualofomahafoundation.org/how-to-apply/faqs.php
USA: Iowa: Council Bluffs and surrounding areas; Nebraska: Omaha and surrounding areas