Foundation / Corporation
Colorado Garden Foundation
Grants of up to $15,000 and larger grants of up to $75,000 to Colorado nonprofit organizations and government agencies for planting and gardening related projects. LOIs are due August 30. Funding will be provided for proposals that fall under one of the following two funding categories:
Annual Grants (up to $15,000) - Grants are made to organizations that support horticulture and horticultural related projects and those groups that are involved or directly related. Education is emphasized. Areas of interest include horticultural-related research, education, therapy, and community improvements.
Major Grants (up to $75,000) - Major Grants have the same horticultural focus as Annual Grants. For the Major Grant Program, capital and matching grants are the targeted projects, while other programs and projects for support and research will also be considered.
GrantWatch ID#: 168986
Annual Grant Program: Up to $15,000
Major Grant Program: Up to $75,000
Funding is limited to nonprofit and government agencies.
Additional Criteria for Annual Grants:
- Grants are not available to homeowners associations and political organizations.
- Grants are not awarded for plan development or design; salaries, administrative costs or other overhead.
Additional Criteria for Major Grants:
- Funding will not be provided for political organizations.
- Capital and matching grants are the targeted projects, while other programs/projects for support and research will also be considered.
How to Apply (for both Major and Annual Grants):
- Submit an initial inquiry online.
- Initial online applications are due by August 30, 2017.
- Selected applicants will be requested to submit complete details by October 31. Attachments related to the application are then accepted. In the application, applicants must include how Colorado Garden Foundation will be recognized for the grant award.
- Grants are selected by early December
- For Annual Grants, distribution will be in the following spring; For Major Grants, distribution will be at the annual Colorado Garden & Home Show in February.
- Only one grant or proposal per application or applicant division is considered annually.
Annual Grant Program: http://coloradogardenfoundation.org/grant/annual-grant-program
Major Grant Program: http://coloradogardenfoundation.org/grant/major-grant-program
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://webportalapp.com/webform/coinquiry
Colorado Garden Foundation
959 S. Kipling Parkway, Suite 100
Lakewood, CO 80226