Fellowships of $3,000 to Wyoming individual artists to recognize outstanding artistic work. The program is intended for visual artists in any medium. The purpose of the fellowship is to honor the exceptional work of local artists. Recipients of the fellowships will have the opportunity to exhibit their work in the Wyoming Arts Council Biennial Exhibit, held every two years at a major visual arts institution or museum in the state.
Visual Arts Fellowships are unrestricted awards of merit, based on the artist’s portfolio, honoring the work of Wyoming visual artists whose work reflects serious and exceptional aesthetic investigation.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Artists working in any media, including film and video, may apply.
Individual applicants must:
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of application.
- Must not be a full-time student pursuing high school, college, or university art-related degrees.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have legal resident status (evidence of U.S. citizenship, resident status and state residency may be required).
- May not be affiliated with the Wyoming Arts Council either as a board member or staff member, including their families, whether full-time, part-time or contractual.
- May not be an employee of the Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources.
- Must have been domiciled within the state borders for a total of 20 months in the previous two years.
- Must remain a Wyoming resident for at least one year after award, living in the state for at least 10 months of the year.
- Applicants must register or update their information in the Wyoming Arts Council’s Artists and Venues Directory.
- Must not have received a Visual Arts fellowship within the last four years.
- May receive a total of two fellowship awards in your lifetime.