Foundation / Corporation
03/08/19 6:00 PM EST
Grants starting at $2,500 to Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, and Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations in eligible areas for programs that promote financial resilience in youth. Eligible program areas are STEM education and financial literacy. The Foundation supports programs with well-defined metrics and measurable outcomes that all work toward the same goal – to help create financially resilient youth.
Voya Foundation grants are focused on Financial Resilience. The Foundations works to ensure that youth are equipped with Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) expertise and financial knowledge necessary to compete in the 21st century workforce and make smart financial decisions that lead to a secure retirement.
This is accomplished by accepting year-round grant applications from organizations that:
1. Provide innovative and experiential K-8 STEM learning opportunities to promote an early interest in STEM career fields, and improve teachers’ capabilities in STEM; or
2. Provide financial education curriculum to grade 9-12 students focused on navigating major financial milestones including student debt, credit, home ownership, financial products and services/financial capability, and family needs.
For more information about STEM Education and Financial Literacy please see the URL below.
If your organization would like to start a financial literacy program but does not currently have the appropriate curriculum, please submit a grant application with a basic description of your program and your need for that curriculum. Voya Foundation has existing partners who it may connect you with in order to provide support to develop your financial literacy program. There may be an associated cost, which Voya Financial will only cover in certain circumstances.
GrantWatch ID#: 169155
Voya Foundation does not accept proposals of under $2,500.
Grant awards are made on a one-time basis and are not an indication of long-term support, unless otherwise specified in a grant agreement with a signature partner.
Voya Foundation supports the following:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that provide unique programming and/or community outreach initiatives directed toward the primary areas of focus;
- Strategic partnership opportunities aligned with our commitment to K-8 STEM education and K-12 STEM teacher training, and grade 9-12 financial literacy focusing on life’s financial milestones;
- Scholarships to students of achievement exclusively via our Voya Scholars program; and
- Initiatives supporting disaster relief and employee engagement that may not contain STEM or financial literacy aspects. These partnerships are considered only in cooperation with relevant Voya Financial committees and solicitation for new partnerships in these arenas is not accepted.
- Proposals will also be accepted from organizations providing STEM training and education
opportunities to current or aspiring K-12 teachers.
Grant proposals will be evaluated by the following criteria:
- Nonprofit is not an affiliate of a national organization with a Voya Foundation partnership, except in case of special circumstances.
- Nonprofit is a U.S. domestic entity and programming support is for beneficiaries in the U.S.
- Nonprofit submits a proposal for a program or initiative that aligns with Voya Foundation’s giving priorities
Nonprofits must serve one or more of the following areas:
- Metro Atlanta, GA
- Metro Boston, MA
- The Des Moines, IA area
- Metro Hartford, CT
- Metro Jacksonville, FL
- The Minneapolis, MN area
- New York City, NY
- Scottsdale, AZ
- The West Chester, PA area
Grant proposals may not be requested by employees of Voya Financial or its subsidiaries.
For more information on eligibility:
Q1 2019: All Q1 applications are due by 6:00pm EST on Friday, March 8, 2019 Decision letters will be sent out starting after April 26, 2019.
Grant Application Process:
All grant proposals or request for funding must be submitted through the online system accessible through Voya.com. Proposals that are mailed, emailed or requested in person will not be considered.
Grant requests are reviewed throughout the year. Grant applicants should check the online system for quarterly deadlines, which are subject to change. Applications are not guaranteed a review within a specified time.
Voya Foundation recommends that all applicants apply early in a cycle as deadlines are subject to change.
Due to the volume of inquiries received, Voya Foundation is unable to hold preliminary conversations with applicants. If you believe your organization’s program focus aligns with the giving priorities, please apply online and staff will be in contact if they would like to fund your proposal or more closely tailor it to meet the Foundation's needs.
USA: Arizona: Scottsdale/Phoenix; Connecticut: Windsor/Hartford; Florida: Jacksonville; Georgia: Atlanta; Iowa: Des Moines; Massachusetts: Braintree/Boston; Minnesota: Minneapolis; New York City; New York; Pennsylvania: West Chester/Philadelphia