Grants of up to $50,000 to Alaska nonprofit organizations, schools, faith-based organizations, and tribal entities in eligible communities for programs and activities that benefit local residents. Funding is intended to address a variety of community needs, including but not limited to, health and wellness, education, arts and culture, the great outdoors, and community development. Eligible programs will have a lasting impact on the Ketchikan area.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Applications will be accepted from qualified, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations (or equivalents, such as Tribal entities, schools, and faith-based organizations) that support charitable organizations and programs in the Ketchikan area.
Ineligible organizations may be able to receive funding for projects if they seek support from a qualified organization that is willing to provide fiscal sponsorship. Fiscal sponsors must agree to take legal and fiscal responsibility for accepting grant funds from KCF on behalf of the ineligible organization.
The following are not eligible for grant funding:
▪ State or federal government agencies
▪ For-profit organizations or businesses
▪ Private nonprofit organizations (those not identified in their IRS determination letter as 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), or 509(a)(3)
▪ Requests for support that do not fall within the funding guidelines
▪ Activities that improperly discriminate as to race, gender, marital status, sexual preference, age, disability, creed or ethnicity, or grants for religious indoctrination or other religious activities
The deadline to apply is 5:00 pm AKST on February 20, 2023.