Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department
06/03/19 4:00 PM CDT
Grants to Arkansas government agencies, tribal governments, transit agencies, and school districts for infrastructure changes and improvements that will facilitate the use of alternative modes of transportation. Funding is available for projects such as pedestrian and bicycle facilities, recreational trails, safe routes to school projects, community improvements such as historic preservation and vegetation management, and environmental mitigation related to stormwater and habitat connectivity.
TAP funds may be used for the following:
- Construction of on-road and off-road trail facilities for pedestrians, bicyclists, and other non-motorized forms of transportation
- Construction of infrastructure-related projects and systems that will provide safe routes for non-drivers, including children, older adults, and individuals with disabilities to access daily needs
- Conversion and use of abandoned railroad corridors for trails for pedestrians, bicyclists, or other non-motorized transportation users
- Construction of turnouts, overlooks, and viewing areas
- Community improvement activities including: inventory, control, or removal of outdoor advertising; historic preservation and rehabilitation of historic transportation facilities; vegetation management practices in transportation rights-of-way to improve roadway safety, prevent against invasive species, and provide erosion control; and archaeological activities relating to impacts from implementation of an eligible transportation project
- Any environmental mitigation activity, including pollution prevention and pollution abatement activities and mitigation to: address stormwater management, control, and water pollution prevention or abatement related to highway construction or due to highway runoff; and reduce vehicle-caused wildlife mortality or to restore and maintain connectivity among terrestrial or aquatic habitats
- Construction of boulevards and other roadways largely in the right-of-way of former Interstate System routes or other divided highways
- Safe Routes to School eligible activities
More information regarding Safe Routes to School eligible projects can be seen at: https://www.arkansashighways.com/safe_route/safe_route.aspx
GrantWatch ID#: 169702
There will be no minimum requested funding amount on projects containing only non-infrastructure components.
Projects containing infrastructure components will have a minimum requested funding amount of $20,000.
All TAP projects will have a maximum requested funding amount of $500,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The application forms can be found below.
Applications should be emailed to LFPA@ardot.gov.
Daniel Siskowski, Program Management Division
Phone: (501) 569-2261
Fax: (501) 569-2623
Arkansas Department of Transportation
10324 Interstate 30
Little Rock, AR 72209
P.O. Box 2261
Little Roack AR 77203-2261