Foundation / Corporation
Patriots Hall of Fame
01/21/19 11:59 PM ET
Grants to Massachusetts private or public K-12 schools to honor outstanding STEM teachers. The winner's school receives a grant in the amount of $5,000 to use for purposes related to STEM, while the winning teacher receives pregame passes and tickets to a Patriots home game and is invited to serve on the Governor's Stem Advisory Council for one year. Funding is intended to recognize and honor a Massachusetts STEM teacher making significant contributions to STEM education and to promote the impact that educator is making in the field.
To be considered, a teacher must:
- Spend the majority of the school day involved in direct instruction to students
- Be skilled in implementing effective teaching strategies
- Be able to explain personal teaching philosophy
- Be able to inspire students in STEM-related topics
- Show involvement and leadership in student-related extra-curricular activities
- Be respected by students, parents and co-workers.
- Be nominated by someone with direct knowledge of the candidate's educational impact.
GrantWatch ID#: 170064
- A $5,000 grant to the winner’s school.
- The winning teacher is also honored with tickets and pregame field passes at a Patriots home game and is invited to serve on the Governor’s STEM Advisory Council for one year.
- In addition, Raytheon has committed $1,000 to each of the other four finalists.
Nominations must be submitted by individual legal residents of the fifty (50)
To be eligible to win, nominees must be full-time, active, certified, K-12
classroom STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) teachers in a state-accredited Massachusetts public or private school.
Teachers cannot nominate themselves for entry into this Contest.
Anyone can nominate a deserving teacher. Once nominated, the teacher is sent Phase 2 of the application process and must answer all questions. The Massachusetts STEM Teacher of the Year Committee then reviews all of the nomination applications and selects five finalists to be interviewed in late-winter/early-spring. Once the interview process is complete, a winner is selected.
There are two methods of entry for this contest: online and mail.
- The contest nomination period begins at 12:00 PM (ET) on November 15,
2018 and ends at 11:59 PM (ET) on January 21, 2019.
- The nominee application period begins at 12:00 AM (ET) on January 22, 2019 and ends at 11:59 PM (ET) on March 11, 2019.
In addition to the $5,000 awarded to the winning teacher, Raytheon has committed $1,000 to each of the other four finalists. The winner is presented with the award at the annual STEM Summit.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Nominee Form: https://www.patriots.com/fans/promos/2018-2019-stem-teacheroftheyear?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTVRRNU9HVTFaVGxrWkdSaSIsInQiOiIxUzlOMldCWHdQdlRxNXMxQ2ZRWklKR3luOVdINExHaFd6QWttR1VORllcL01vVnpEMWtcL1wvbHhndVBBZTZEbnBtM0Q2elBZWVJ2WVRCbTQwcDZBd1BEQT09In0%3D
To nominate a teacher via email, send a completed official nomination entry form during the Contest Nomination Period to: TheHall@patriots.com, with “STEM Teacher of the Year” as the subject line.
You must also call 508-698-0555 to confirm receipt.
To nominate a teacher by mail, send a postmarked completed official nomination form during the Contest Nomination Period to:
The Patriots Hall of Fame presented by Raytheon
STEM Teacher of the Year Program
2 Patriot Place
Foxborough, MA 02035
Contact form: https://www.patriotshalloffame.com/about/contact-us/