Foundation / Corporation
Nevada Library Association (NLA)
Award to a Nevada librarian or library trustee for outstanding service and accomplishments in their role. In addition to carrying out sound library practices and addressing a broad scope of community library needs, nominees will be recognized for the following types of contributions:
- For constructive accomplishments toward the advancement and extension of library service and the development of sound library policies; creative and effective interpretation of the library on a regional, local or national level.
- For notable activity in library legislation, recruitment, statewide planning, published writings, outstanding participation in NLA, ALA, MPLA, Friends of the Library, etc.
- For broadened scope of service to the community; specialized services for children, young adults, senior citizens, the handicapped etc.
- For an outstanding contribution to library education; library techniques, library building, library management, establishment or organization of a new library or library system, or expansion or revitalization of an established library system or library.
- For a substantial financial assistance or endowment.
GrantWatch ID#: 170400
The award is made to a Nevada librarian or library trustee.
In order for the Librarian of the Year award and the Trustee of the Year award to be given, the nominee(s) must be current members of the Nevada Library Association.
Nominations are due by Friday, August 25, 2017.
Deadlines and Nomination Forms:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Marcela Chiarandini, NLA Awards Chairperson