Foundation / Corporation
Greater Kansas City Community Foundation - Sisters' Circle of Greater Kansas City
06/13/19 5:00 PM CST
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $20,000 to Kansas and Missouri nonprofit organizations in Clay, Jackson, Platte, Johnson, and Wyandotte Counties for programs that improve the quality of life of African Americans in the Greater Kansas City area. Funding is intended for programs and projects that meet critical community needs.
GrantWatch ID#: 170520
$5,000 - $20,000
Funds will be distributed in August.
- Grants are made only to nonprofit organizations that are exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3).
- The nonprofit organization must be located in one of the following counties located in the Kansas City metropolitan area: Clay, Jackson, and Platte in Missouri; Johnson and Wyandotte in Kansas.
- The program or project must focus on improving the quality of life for African-Americans who reside within one of the above-listed counties.
The following will be excluded from consideration:
- Political parties, candidates or political activities
- Religious organizations for denominational programs
- Special one-time events
- Capital campaigns
The application deadline is Thursday, June 13, 2019.
Grant Application Timeline:
- March 6, 2019: Applications available online through the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation Internet Grant Application Module (IGAM).
- June 13, 2019: Application must be completed online and submitted by 5 p.m. CST on this date. If you cannot meet the deadline you are invited to apply next year.
- July 2019: Sisters' Circle Grant Application Review Committee will select finalists to submit to membership for final selection. Members vote on application finalists.
- August 2019: Award will be presented to the Grant Recipient. All applicants notified of decision via standard mail.
If the Sisters' Circle has any questions regarding a proposal, a board or committee member may contact applicant requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit.
It is recommended, but not required, that you review your organization's Nonprofit Profile (http://gkccf.guidestar.org) to ensure that all information is current. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team.
First-time iGAM users will need to create a username and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1164?SA=SNA&FID=35348
Donor Relations and Education Team:
If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, contact:
USA: Kansas: Johnson and Wyandotte Counties; Missouri: Clay, Jackson and Platte Counties