Foundation / Corporation
Champions of Health
Awards of $5,000 and $15,000 to Oklahoma individuals and nonprofit organizations in recognition of outstanding efforts to improve the health of residents and set an example for other health programs. Awards will be offered in five categories, and, of the five award winners, one will be selected for the top award, the Dr. Rodney L. Huey Memorial Champion of Oklahoma Health. The goal of the awards is to honor people, health care professionals, government officials, and nonprofit groups that work to improve the health of Oklahoma communities and to create partnerships to improve Oklahoma's health.
1. Champion of Children's Health: Initiated by The Oklahoma Caring Foundation , this award honors a person, program or group for their work to improve the health of Oklahoma children and teens, mainly at-risk and underserved populations, through education, advocacy and/or health care services.
2. Champion of Senior Health: This award honors a person, program or group for great success in meeting the health care needs of Oklahoma seniors. It can also honor an older Oklahoman with a healthy lifestyle and community focus, serving as a role model for other seniors.
3. Champion of the Uninsured: This award honors the efforts of a person, program or group that has improved the health of people that are uninsured. It can also honor a program that has worked to lower the number of uninsured people in Oklahoma.
4. Community Health Champion: This award honors a person, program or group with innovative ideas and good measurable results in the health of a specific community group.
5. Corporate Health Champion: This award honors a group that's working to improve the health of its employees and offers innovative programs to promote wellness, not only at the workplace, but also at home.
All entries will be considered for the top honor, the Dr. Rodney L. Huey Memorial Champion of Oklahoma Health award. This award honors a person, program, or group that has made a major and lasting contribution to the changing of statewide health. It will be given to the person or group with the most unique and effective approach to improve Oklahoma health.
GrantWatch ID#: 170741
This year's winners in the categories of Champion of the Uninsured, Champion of Children's Health, Community Health Champion, and Champion of Senior Health will receive a $5,000 donation to their organization.
The Dr. Rodney L. Huey Memorial Champion of Oklahoma Health award winner will receive a $15,000 donation to their organization.
Nominees may be individuals, health-care professionals, government officials, and nonprofit groups that work to improve the health of Oklahoma communities and to create partnerships to improve Oklahoma's health.
Entries will be accepted from April 24 through May 24, 2019.
Only one category can be selected for each entry.
All submissions must include a completed Champions of Health Nomination Form. The nomination form consists of two areas: the Nominee Contact Information and the Nomination Summary Information. It is allowable for the nominator to include a testimonial or outside endorsement; however, this is optional and not a requirement for submission.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.