Logan Healthcare Foundation (LHF) Grant
Grants to Southern West Virginia Nonprofits
for Physical and Mental Health Programs
for Physical and Mental Health Programs
Foundation / Corporation
Logan Healthcare Foundation (LHF)
Grants of up to $55,000 to Southern West Virginia nonprofit organizations for physical and mental health initiatives that will improve the well-being of local residents. Eligible programs include abuse prevention programs, programs for the elderly and underprivileged, vaccination services, substance abuse prevention and treatment programs, women’s health services, and health and wellness activities, and promote the adoption of health policies that will address the unmet health needs of West Virginians in its service area.
The Logan Healthcare Foundation supports innovative efforts and original projects that offer far-reaching gains and widespread lasting results with explicit, measurable, and identifiable needs that contribute to the community's overall healthy well-being. Grant Applicants will be expected to quantify the healthy results expected, how long they are expected to last and how the project is expected to sustain itself over time. The Logan Healthcare Foundation will look to see if your organization has multiple funders supporting any particular project or program.
The Foundation is restricted to the geographic service area formerly served by the Logan General Hospital and the residents of Logan, Boone, Lincoln, Mingo, and Wyoming counties in southern West Virginia. Further, the Foundation will generally apportion grants in the service area in accordance with the approximate proportion of services utilized by a particular area with the former Logan General Hospital.
The Foundation will ask applicants to describe explicitly how their proposals are responsive, including, by way of example:
- The target population for the grant;
- The specific community needs the grant is attempting to address;
- The activities the grant will enable; and
- The results that are expected, and
- The methods that will be utilized in quantifying the expected results.
The Foundation will generally consider grant requests from individual Grant seekers from $500 to a maximum of 20% of the years approved funding OR as determined by the Board of Directors (the maximum available grant will generally range from $45,000 to approximately $55,000).
The Foundation is restricted to the geographic service area formerly served by the Logan General Hospital and the residents of Logan, Boone, Lincoln, Mingo, and Wyoming counties in southern West Virginia.
- As a matter of policy, the Foundation does not make grants to individuals nor does it provide scholarships of tuition assistance for undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate education. In addition, grants are generally not awarded to established schools or school districts.
- The Foundation does not provide support for organizations that provide direct humanitarian or disaster relief, nor does it generally contribute to capital campaigns, debt retirement, or completed or fully funded projects.
- The Foundation does not provide general support to annual fundraising drives, institutional benefits, honorary functions, general endowments, deficit financing or similar appeals.
- Grant requests for funds to be used to support overhead costs, building or renovation projects will be considered only when the benefits of such activities clearly provide a substantial benefit for a large population base or substantially identified health care need or initiative whose results will substantially improve the health status of or access to health needs on a large scale (i.e., equal to or greater than 25% of the service area population base).
- Grants are not awarded for religious activities or for efforts routinely supported by the government, the general public, or large grant makers.
All grant applications must be received by mail in duplicate no later than October 2nd of a funding year - Applications by fax or email will not be considered.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
President, Logan Healthcare Foundation
400 Airport Road
Chapmanville, WV 25508
USA: West Virginia: Logan, Boone, Lincoln, Mingo, and Wyoming counties
Our team of researchers and grant specialists review hundreds of funding resources daily to make sure GrantWatch.com provides members with the most up-to-date grants.