Foundation / Corporation
Alaska Run for Women
08/15/17 Received by Midnight AKST
Grants to Alaska organizations to raise awareness and mitigate the impact of breast cancer on communities through education, outreach, research, early detection services, and/or treatment services. Funding will be provided for projects that directly focus on breast cancer issues.
The funding source is particularly interested in funding projects that:
- Address vulnerable populations
- Demonstrate strong collaboration with other agencies working in this arena
- Support women living in underserved areas
- Serve geographically diverse areas
- Develop community-based programs to support early detection and measure impact
- Use existing evidence to develop guidelines for implementation of effective community-based programs
- Promote quality of life for women survivors or addresses issues related to long-term effects of treatment, recurrence or complications following a diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer
- Involve clinical trials/research to advance scientific knowledge in breast cancer.
GrantWatch ID#: 171106
2015 Grant Recipients: $2,250 - $60,000
For reference only, past recipients include nonprofit organizations, clinics and healthcare organizations, and higher education and research institutions.
The following are not acceptable for funding:
- Indirect costs
- Support of profit-making activities
- Capital cost (except limited equipment directly related to an approved project)
- Agencies who grant funds to others – recycle, pass through
- Religious, political or partisan endeavors
- Travel for clients or conferences
- Gift cards
- Any project not directly and primarily related to breast cancer
Applications must be received electronically by midnight AK Standard Time August 15, 2017. Late applications will not be considered.
Funding decisions will be finalized by October 2017. Funded projects will be required to submit timely progress reports. Details will be included in the award letters.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send completed applications to: email@example.com.
Karla Kolash, Co-President
Alaska Run for Women
P.O. Box 230929
Anchorage, AK 99523-0929