Monroe-West Monroe Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB)
Grants to Ouachita Parish, Louisiana nonprofit organizations for advertising and promoting local tourism opportunities. Funding is intended for activities that increase the number of out-of-area visitors and use of local lodging facilities. Additionally, projects must enhance the quality of life for local residents.
The mission of the Monroe-West Monroe Convention and Visitors Bureau of Ouachita Parish is to attract conventions and tourist to the area. The CVB’s Board of Directors is authorized by state law to expend funds for advertisements; promotion; publications of information; marketing of fairs and festivals; construction of museums; equestrian/livestock centers and sports facilities; additions to civic and convention centers and for other economic development purposes in Ouachita Parish.
The mission of the Tourism Development Program of the Monroe-West Monroe Convention and Visitors Bureau is intended to provide for the development, growth, and enhancement of tourism and conventions in Ouachita Parish, including but not limited to sports, festivals, and other special events including the arts and humanities.
All funding decisions are made with consideration of the best interest of developing the Tourism Industry in Ouachita Parish. Emphasis will be given to proposal requests that directly and indirectly maximize the number of visitors who come to the local area, especially if overnight accommodations are needed. Proposals showing the fastest and highest return on the investment will be given the highest priority. Also proposals must improve the overall quality of life for the citizens of Ouachita Parish.
Requests of Tourism Development funding can be for any of the following areas:
- Bidding, including promotion, to bring a convention or tourism business to the area.
- Advertising and promotion to expand the attendance at a new or existing tourism event.
- Co-op advertising directed to out of state visitors.
- Special projects deemed to be of a community wide tourism interest.
- Brochure and/or website development assistance to a festival, attraction or other non-profit tourism entity.
Funding to local organizations will be based on:
- Contribution to creating overnight stays in Ouachita Parish
- Matching Funds - organizations with matching funds will be given priority consideration.
- The ability to meet the goals described in the marketing plan
- Potential for growth of the Tourism Industry.
Out of area advertising is defined as over 90 miles from Monroe-West Monroe. The station’s location must be located over 90 miles from Monroe-West Monroe.
GrantWatch ID#: 171191
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Alana Cooper, President/CEO
Monroe-West Monroe Convention and Visitors Bureau
601 Constitution Drive - West Monroe, LA - 71292
P.O. Box 1436 - West Monroe, LA - 71294
Phone: (318) 387-5691
Toll Free: (800) 843-1872
Fax: (318) 324-1752
USA: Louisiana: Ouachita Parish