Foundation / Corporation
Guadalupe Valley Electric Cooperative (GVEC)
08/15/18 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants typically up to $20,000 to South Central Texas nonprofit organizations, local government agencies, and schools for projects in the areas of youth, education, healthcare, community development, civic or community outreach, and public safety and service. With headquarters in Gonzales and four area offices in the cities of Schertz, Seguin, La Vernia, and Cuero, the funding source's presence spans thirteen counties.
GrantWatch ID#: 171485
Typical grants are up to $20,000. Higher amounts may be awarded on occasion, due to wide scope of impact.
Project must be completed within 12 months of the date the grant money is awarded.
Grants are made to local nonprofit groups and civic organizations.
- Projects must lie within the outer geographic boundary lines of the Guadalupe Valley Electric Company service area, or have overlapping service areas to be eligible.
Example 1: GVEC's service area does not share overlapping territory with cities outside geographical boundary lines; however, GVEC does share areas of service within the counties in which they lie. Therefore, certain school, county, and service projects in these areas would be eligible for grants.
Example 2: Cities located within the outer geographical boundary lines of the GVEC service territory, even though not served by GVEC, are eligible for POWER UP grant funding. Some examples of cities in this situation that would be eligible are the City of Seguin, City of Gonzales, City of Cuero, etc. Non-profit organizations, schools, and county projects within the outer bondary lines are also eligible for grant funding.
- Project must be capital in nature or new project oriented, and not part of the regular activities of the organizations. The grant is intended for funding start-up costs, not ongoing activities.
- The grant is intended to provide finishing grants.
- Property owner must be the applicant.
- The organization must contribute to the community's health or welfare.
- Services must be non-discriminatory in nature.
The following are ineligible:
- Completed projects, debt-reduction campaigns, long-term projects, scholarships, faith-based programs that limited to membership, operating costs, office equipment, land acquisition projects, computer equipment and software.
- Training programs for staff, if the value would be lost if the employee left the organization.
- Individuals, professional associations, and for-profit entities.
There will be two funding cycles per year. Grants are due February 15 (for grant decisions announced in April) and August 15 (for grant decisions announced in October) each year.
Applications must be received (NOT postmarked) at any GVEC office by 5:00 PM on the day of the deadline. If the deadline falls on a holiday or weekend, the deadline is extended to the next regular business day.
See Grant FAQs:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online here:
Mail or deliver completed application to:
GVEC POWER UP Grant Program
P.O. Box 118
825 E. Sarah DeWitt Drive
Gonzales, TX 78629
USA: Texas: South Central Texas