Grants to Prince Edward Island registered charities for activities that benefit local communities. Funding is intended to support community needs, engage citizens, and enhance the quality of life in the region. The funding source offers private scholarships in addition to Community Grants that support various causes throughout the Island.
Agricultural Heritage Fund - To provide the identification, retrieval, restoration, documentation, storage and display of heritage agricultural equipment.
Alzheimer Society of PEI Foundation Trust - The
fund will provide grants to organizations that provide care for persons suffering from Alzheimer's disease or related dementias through public education initiatives about Alzheimer's disease or related dementias, and/or support services to persons with the disease and their caregivers.
David A. MacKay Fund - To improve the cardiac emergency response system on Prince Edward Island.
David "Jiggs" MacDonald and Gerry Rutten Music Legacy Fund - To support Island musicians and community groups through; music scholarships, to assist community groups, to run a music festival or to purchase equipment.
The Honorable Frank and Dorothy Lewis Community Strength Fund - To support medium scale community strengthening projects for PEI not-for-profit and community organizations and municipalities.
Island Arts and HeritageFund - To increase the visibility and sustainability of the provincial arts and heritage sector.
Living Memorial Trust - To maintain and enhance private and public spaces that aid in the greening of Prince Edward Island, using native species when available.
Souris Fund - To support charitable interests and priorities in the Souris area.
Summer Islanders Legacy Fund - To support activities that celebrate the Island as the special place summer residents call home.
To be eligible for funding an organization must be PEI-based, CRA qualified donee with a registered charitable status, and is not classified as a private foundation. The Foundation will award grants based on the following:
- Project(s) that primarily benefit the communities of Prince Edward Island.
- Organizations with a Registered Charitable Number with the Canada Revenue Agency. If you are not a registered charity you will need to arrange for a registered charity to agree to oversee the project on your behalf.
- Projects with definite purposes and that will be covering a specific period of time.
- Scholarships and Bursaries will be awarded to educational institutes
- The Foundation encourages the participation of others in funding projects and, on occasion, provides matching funds or challenge grants to boost increased response from other sources.
The Foundation will NOT consider requests for the following:
- Grants directly to individuals.
- Endowment establishment or addition to endowed funds.
- Annual campaigns.
- Special events or fundraisers.
- Sectarian or religious activities.
- Party political activities or organizations.
- Medical or scientific research projects.
- Operating or renovation expenses.
- Operating or capital deficits.
- Applications Open: March 4
- Application Deadline: May 1 at midnight
To access the grant guidelines, create a login via the grants portal page, below.