Foundation / Corporation
Southeast Virginia Community Foundation (SEVACF)
Grants to Southeast Virginia nonprofit organizations for charitable and educational projects and activities that benefit local residents. Funding is intended to support projects that enhance the quality of life for all those residing across Southeast Virginia by addressing immediate needs while working toward long-term improvements.
Priority is given to projects that:
- Address current pressing problems
- Reach a broad section of the community
- Demonstrate innovation
- Have a track record of success
- Encourage matching gifts or added funding from other sources
- Yield substantial benefits for the costs involved
- Promote cooperation among agencies within their fields of interest
GrantWatch ID#: 171831
The guideline is to recommend one-year grants.
- Be classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code; or be part of a governmental body (such as schools or a park department that serves Southeast Virginia).
- Serve those in Southeast Virginia, or be located in Southeast Virginia.
- Have a grant proposal that does not fall into one of the following categories: debt reduction, general/administrative expenses, individual benefit, travel expenses for individuals or groups, political organization or activity, annual appeals or membership contributions, or capital and endowment building unless matching funds are generated within the particular organization.
Grant applications are accepted twice annually.
Spring Grants: January 15th
Fall Grants: July 15th
Note: Organizations cannot receive a grant more than once in a twelve month period. If an organization is funded for three consecutive years, the Foundation kindly ask that you wait a year before applying to another grant cycle.
You may apply for grants by downloading the application document below and mailing or emailing all attachments, or by applying online.
Note: If applying online, applicants are advised to also download and review the application document to ensure that attached files meet instruction criteria.
Click here for more information on how to apply: https://sevacf.org/grants/apply/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the attached application and attachments by mail or email to: 1435 Crossways Blvd, Suite 300, Chesapeake, VA 23320, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the following link and scroll down to complete the online application form: https://sevacf.org/grants/apply/
Additional Contact Information:
R. Stephen Best, Sr., Chief Executive Officer
Phone: (757) 397-5424
Fax: (757) 397-7948
USA: Virginia: Southeast Virginia