Grants to North Carolina nonprofit organizations, government agencies, faith-based organizations, fire and rescue departments, and schools in eligible regions for programs that benefit local communities. Funding is intended to support projects that address the needs of residents in the areas of education, human services, basic needs, arts, historical preservation, health, recreation, youth development, environment, and animal welfare. Funds must serve Jones County.
Funds are available for qualified nonprofits serving the local community. An organization must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Organizations must be qualified as tax-exempt public charities under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or be classified as a unit of local government (including public schools). An exception is made to include fire and rescue departments.
- If your organization operates as a 501 (c)(3) public charity via a fiscal agent, your application's supporting documentation must include a letter from the fiscal agent organization that verifies the relationship and includes when the relationship was established.
- Religious entities, including churches, congregations and other houses of worship, and/or faith-based organizations whose core functions/operations promote a specific religious doctrine or are restricted to members of a particular faith may apply for funding to support social outreach and charitable service programs to benefit the community-at-large, but they may not apply for general operating support. (Applications for specific programs and projects or for general operating support are accepted, unless otherwise specified.)
- Only those organizations that serve the counties within the affiliate network will be considered. If an organization serves multiple counties within the network, that organization may complete a separate application for each of those affiliates.
- Organizations must offer programs and services without discrimination based on age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
Grants are not awarded for:
- Annual fund or capital campaigns
- Political purposes or lobbying
- Activities that are restricted to members of a faith community or promote a specific religious doctrine
- Reimbursements (This program does not support reimbursement of costs incurred prior to the deadline for submission of your application. Your request may only include costs that will occur in the future, after the submission deadline of the application.)
- Re-granting by the applicant organization
The Jones County Community Foundation (JCCF) will accept grant applications from June 23, 2023 to NOON on July 25, 2023.