Grants of up to $5,000 to North Dakota nonprofits and businesses to promote annual events and festivals to regional, national, and international tourists. Priority will be given to first time applicants, for events with potential to bring tourists from outside of the local region and from out-of-State, and for events showing expansion and growth.
- Must be two or more days in length.
- Must be an annual event (no centennial celebrations, etc.) or event with national significance.
- Must be a unique event (e.g., no Fourth of July, Labor Day, etc. celebrations).
- Must have visitor appeal and growth potential.
- Can occur anytime during the year.
- Cannot be religious or political in nature.
Applications must demonstrate partnerships and regional collaboration in the promotional efforts.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Any organization or business involved in tourism may apply. Applicants must submit two or more letters of support with at least one letter from a local non-profit such as the city or county, convention and visitors bureau, economic development organization or chamber of commerce.
All applications must be submitted completely and only the first 25 applications will be forwarded for review. If all criteria are not met or addressed, the application will not be forwarded for competitive ranking.
Estimated Size of Grant
Up to $5,000.
Term of Contract
Event must occur within the 2017 calendar year.
Dean Ihla, Tourism Development Manager
North Dakota Tourism Division
1600 East Century Ave, Suite 2
Bismarck, ND 58503