Foundation / Corporation
Lawyers Club of San Diego
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to San Diego County, California nonprofit organizations to address legal challenges affecting women. The funding source seeks to elevate the status of women in society and in law, including but not limited to, bias against females, awareness of domestic violence, and gender discrimination. Contributions will be made for research, programming, and education that furthers the funding source’s goal.
Lawyers Club Fund for Justice Statement of Purpose:
To make charitable gifts in the name of Lawyers Club of San Diego (“Lawyers Club”) and its members to facilitate education, research, funding, and programming by grantees addressing social and legal issues related to the mission of Lawyers Club, to advance the status of women in law and society, including but not limited to matters such as the following:
1. Domestic and sexual violence against female victims with emphasis on legal services, education, awareness and prevention;
2. Gender discrimination, harassment or bias against females; and
3. The unmet legal needs of females, particularly programs that support and improve the administration of justice.
In addition, another goal of the Fund for Justice is, in appropriate charitable contexts, to facilitate volunteerism and community service by members of Lawyers Club, and to bring positive public attention to the efforts of members of Lawyers Club in service to their communities. From time to time, the Board may adopt a strategic priority or issue, which the Fund for Justice should consider in both soliciting grant applications and recommending the award of grants.
GrantWatch ID#: 172030
Grants will be awarded from $500 - $5,000.
Applicants must be able to provide an IRS determination letter of 501(c)(3) status and financial statements for the prior two years.
The Fund does not make grants or loans to the following:
- Organizations which are not 501(c)3 tax exempt organizations;
- Organizations having a religious, political or lobbying purpose, but not organizations where these activities are incidental to the primary organizational mission;
- Organizations whose primary function is to allocate funds to other charitable organizations or projects; or
- Projects outside San Diego County.
- The grant submission is due June 15, 2019.
- Once received, a Fund for Justice Committee member may contact the applicant to conduct a site visit in order to become more acquainted with the applicant organization.
- The Foundation expects to notify applicants in November of decisions.
The application process requires separate submission of additional application information in PDF format via email to Elaine Lawrence.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScvmhE56Ps9DJQAPCTbq57FFAhvUZTUlIrnmShEs1X7Nw6YQw/viewform
Direct questions to:
Elaine Lawrence, Executive Director
Lawyers Club of San Diego
402 West Broadway, Suite 1260
San Diego CA 92101
USA: California: San Diego County