Foundation / Corporation
Midlands Community Foundation (MCF)
08/01/18 5:00 PM
Grants to Nebraska nonprofit organizations to improve the quality of life for individuals and families living in Sarpy and Cass Counties. The Foundation is particularly interested in supporting programs focusing on health, arts and culture, community/civic engagement, education, economic development, recreation, and human services. Grants are awarded based on the needs of the service area.
Funding may be used for:
- Innovative programs that represent an efficient approach to serving community needs and opportunities;
- Ongoing programs as evidenced by plans for continuation beyond the initial funding period;
- Capital projects, such as construction, remodeling additions to existing buildings, and equipment purchases (only if the grant can make a difference/impact); and
- Seed grants to initiate promising new projects or programs, thus allowing them to demonstrate their usefulness to the community; and assist those populations not presently being adequately served.
GrantWatch ID#: 172064
Organizations seeking Foundation funding must meet the following criteria:
- The organizations must provide services in the Foundation's geographic area, specifically Sarpy and Cass Counties, to be considered for support.
- The organization must qualify as a nonprofit federally tax exempt organization under the regulations of the United States Internal Revenue Service.
As a general rule, the Foundation does not support grant requests for:
- General operating expenses, debt reduction, or general or administrative overhead expenses.
- Direct aid to individuals/families.
- Projects of religion-based organizations (unless the project is secular and does not give priority or preferential treatment to the religious organization or its members).
- Political organizations or projects.
- Dinners, tickets, conferences.
- Tax supported activities identified by the Foundation as being the responsibility of federal, state, and local governments.
- Organizations with an “active” grant may not apply. An “active” grant is a grant that has been awarded but not expended. This grant will not be considered “closed” until a final report has been received on the project or organization for which the grant was provided.
Deadlines for application are February 1 and August 1.
Application review is approximately 60 days. Grants are awarded two times annually:
- April for February deadline
- October for August deadline
Applications must be mailed or hand delivered. No faxes or emails will be accepted. An organization is limited to one grant application per grant period.
Please Note: A grant application form must be completed if the requested amount is greater than $1,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Nebraska: Sarpy and Cass Counties