Cabarrus Arts Council and North Carolina Arts Council (NCAC)
08/01/17 Noon Receipt
Grants to Cabarrus County, North Carolina nonprofits to help support local arts organizations. Funding may be used towards program, operating, and administrative costs. Funding is intended to stabilize and strengthen arts organizations that provide high-quality arts programming for local residents. Organizations that provide programs year-round may apply for up to 50% of their operational budget.
GrantWatch ID#: 172246
Organizations that meet the eligibility requirements below may apply. An eligible organization:
- Is a private, non-profit arts organization classified by the Internal Revenue Service as 501(c)(3)
- Has a mission that focuses solely on the arts
- Is located in Cabarrus County and provides at least 75% of its programs and services in the county
- Submits an independent audit of the most recently completed fiscal year if it has an annual budget of $125,000 or more. If it has an annual budget of less than $125,000 it submits an annual income statement and balance sheet that have been approved by the Treasurer.
- Submits a copy of its by-laws.
- Demonstrates the ability to generate earned income and other private support
- Places the arts council name and logo on all printed pieces, and acknowledges the arts council in news releases
Grant funds may not be used to fund capital expenditures.
Organizations may apply for one arts council grant per year.
- August 1: Grant applications due by noon
- September: Panel meetings and organization interviews
- October: Applicants will be informed of funding decisions.
- November: When the state budget is finalized and Grassroots Grant amounts are assured, the Cabarrus Arts Council will notify organizations of any adjustments to grants.
- December - February: First check will be mailed to grant recipients.
- May 15: Final reports are due no later than noon on May 15
When dates fall on a weekend, the due date will be the following Monday.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Noelle Rhodes Scott, President and CEO
65 Union Street South
Concord, NC 28025
PO Box 809
Concord, NC 28026
USA: North Carolina: Cabarrus County