Foundation / Corporation
Central New Mexico Community College (CNM)
Awards to recognize New Mexico businesses, nonprofit organizations, and individuals for exceptional business and ethical conduct. Awards are available in four different categories. Eligible nominees are those that set high ethical standards and encourage ethical behavior in the local community or statewide.
This program honors companies and individuals in New Mexico that demonstrate a strong commitment to the highest level of ethical business practices in daily operations, management, and personal philosophies and in their response to crises and challenges.
The categories are as follows:
PNM Award For Individual Excellence In Ethical Business Practice, In Honor Of John Ackerman:
The PNM Award for Individual Excellence, in Honor of John Ackerman is awarded each year to an individual in New Mexico who has been a consistent champion of ethics.
Rust Award For Excellence In Ethical Business Practice By A For-Profit Business:
Jack and Donna Rust led philanthropy in New Mexico for over 50 years, improving the lives of others in innumerable ways. This award is named in tribute to their ethics and true leadership.
Hopkins Award For Excellence In Ethical Practice By A Non-Profit:
The Hopkins Award is awarded to a nonprofit in New Mexico that has truly exhibited ethics at every turn.
Ethical Young Leadership Award For Youth Committed To Excellence:
The Ethical Young Leadership Award is awarded to a young leader in New Mexico who has gone above and beyond in their commitment to ethical excellence.
GrantWatch ID#: 172349
4 awards are available.
A company or individual may be nominated by a customer, client, employee, consultant, vendor or private citizen who is impressed with the company’s or an individual’s demonstration of its ethical practices.
For-Profit Businesses, Nonprofit Organizations, and Individuals are eligible for nominations.
Young leaders must be under 40 at the time of the award.
The following are NOT eligible for nomination for New Mexico Ethics in Business Awards in all categories:
- Sponsors of NM Ethics in Business Awards events or their principals (CEO, President, Managing Director, Executive Director) in any amount above table sponsor level in the year of their award.
- Businesses or non-profits which have been operational for less than 5 years in New Mexico at the time of nomination.
- Government agencies and elected officials.
- Nominations in more than one category within the same year. If an individual and business is nominated in the same year, the individual will determine the category of nomination that they would like to proceed with.
- Individuals who have served on any Ethics in Business Committees or subcommittees during the prior two years.
- Previous recipients may not be re-nominated for the category of their previous award.
The following are NOT eligible to nominate candidates for the New Mexico Ethics in Business Awards in all categories:
- Individuals may not self-nominate.
- Members of the Ethics in Business Committees or subcommittees may not submit nominations but can inform other community members about the nomination process.
- Companies or individuals with awards named for them may not make nominations in their category.
The nomination period closes on July 31, 2018.
The completed nominations will be reviewed and vetted by the Ethics in Business Awards Nomination and Screening Committee, with finalists going through an additional Q&A process led by students in the Fall 2018 Business Ethics courses at the UNM Anderson School of Management.
Nominees will be notified and asked to fill out a detailed application, which will be due no later than August 6, 2018. This detailed application will supplement the information provided by the nominator.
Finalists should expect 3-4 phone and/or in-person meetings with students that will last 1-2 hours each visit between September and December 2018.
Award descriptions: https://ethicsinbusinessnm.com/about-the-awards/
USA: New Mexico