Foundation / Corporation
Trends Charitable Fund (TCF)
Grants starting at $25,000 to Maricopa County, Arizona nonprofits for programs that positively impact local women, children, and their families. Preference will go to programs that address the greatest needs, such as health, well-being, food, education, and shelter. The Foundation has granted funding for both operational and capital expenditures.
Priority will be given to programs that:
- Provide critical basic human needs, such as food and shelter, to indigent and working poor.
- Provide services other than basic human needs to vulnerable and disadvantaged populations, such as health, education, literacy and legal services.
- Other programs will be considered on a case-by-case basis
GrantWatch ID#: 172378
Historically, TCF grants have been issued in amounts ranging from $5,000 to $200,000; the amounts vary from year to year depending on the amount raised by TCF fundraiser and the number of charities chosen for disbursement. For the 2018 grant cycle, it is advisable that applicants apply for programs requiring a minimum of $25,000.
The grant year runs from January 2018 through December 2018.
- Grants are restricted to programs serving in Maricopa County, Arizona.
- Chapter affiliates with a national or international organization are eligible; however 100% of funds must be used in Maricopa County.
- Must be able to provide proof of IRS 501(c)(3) status. Using a “second party” to establish 501(c)(3) approval is not permitted.
- Requests for personal and/or individual use will not be accepted.
Grants will not be awarded to:
- Endowment funds
- Private foundations as defined in Section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Service Code
- Capital campaigns
- For debt retirement or operational deficits
TCF grant recipients prior to 201% may reapply. Prior TCF grant recipients from 2015 and 2016 will not be eligible this funding cycle.
TCF will not fund organizations that have operating financial deficits for two years or more. If an organization’s financial statement indicates one year of deficit, a letter from the charity’s Board of Directors must accompany the grant explaining the rationale for the deficit and the plan to ensure that future funding is solid.
Application Instructions and Procedures:
Application Available: Monday, June 5, 2017
The 2018 TCF Grant Application Guidelines and 2018 TCF Grant Application will be available by either emailing a request to email@example.com or downloading from the Supporting Documents below. If you encounter any difficulties with these document files, please email the Fund for further assistance.
Application Deadline: Thursday, August 31, 2017
The TCF Grant Application postmark/mailing deadline is August 31, 2017. Applications must be postmarked on or before August 31, 2017 to be considered. It is expected that the application will not be received in the mail by TCF for a day or two later. Applications not postmarked by August 31, 2017 will not be considered and will not be mailed back. The applicant will be notified to pick up the application. If not picked up within 30 days, the application will be destroyed.
Announcement of Grant Recipients: The TCF Board of Directors will notify the grant recipients in November 2017.
Funds will be disbursed in two (2) equal installments. The first installment will be issued the January following the completion of the granting process. The second installment will be made in June.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
When the application is complete and all required supporting materials are compiled and five (5) hard copies are made, please mail, no later than Thursday, August 31, 2017 to:
Trends Charitable Fund Board
Attn: TCF Grant Chairman
4400 North Scottsdale Road, 9-928
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
USA: Arizona: Maricopa County