Foundation / Corporation
Foundation for Orange County Public Schools (OCPS)
Grants of up to $500 to Orange County, Florida public school teachers to purchase non-fiction books for PreK-8th-grade students. The goal of this program is to provide students with supplementary reading resources that will improve classroom learning and literacy.
Funding is intended to help teachers update classroom libraries or sets of non-fiction classroom books, including eBooks.
Community and education leaders judge grant applications in a competitive process, with preference given to creative proposals that clearly and comprehensively describes the classroom and student need for non-fiction reading materials.
Priority will be given to grant proposals that demonstrate:
- Original, creative, and innovative teaching approaches that address student needs; and
- Appropriate, complete, detailed budget.
GrantWatch ID#: 172557
Grant requests will be accepted for non-fiction books: Up to $500 per teacher
You MUST expend grant funds no earlier than receipt of your grant award notification and no later than December 14, 2018.
- Any Pre-K through 8th grade Orange County Public School classroom teacher.
- Media Center resource teachers are not eligible.
- Charter Schools are not eligible.
Awards will not cover:
- Storage shelves and/or containers for books
- Awards, incentives, t-shirts, or food
Application Information: https://www.foundationforocps.org/p/580/login-instructions
- All applications must be submitted via the online grant portal.
- All applications must be principal approved.
- All applications must be anonymous. Please do not mention names (teacher, school, student, mascot, newspaper) unless specifically asked.
- Application due by: August 17, 2018
- Funds available by: October 5, 2018
- Spend funds by: December 7, 2019
- Submit expense report and return unspent funds by: December 14, 2018
- Final Evaluation due by: May 15, 2019
Note: If you are unable to meet the Key Dates for spending and reporting, please do not apply. Unspent funds must be returned by the December 13, 2017 deadline so they can be redistributed.
Other Pertinent Information:
- Each classroom teacher may submit one grant application or be part of one team.
- Non-fiction literature purchased with grant funds does not become the personal property of the grantee; however, they can travel from school to school with the grantee. Upon resignation or retirement, any remaining books become the property of the OCPS school where last held.
- Any funds not used and/or accounted for MUST be returned to the Foundation when the Expense Summary is submitted by the December 14, 2018 deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to get started with the online application or to login: https://www.foundationforocps.org/site-users/login#.W0x2btIzbIV
Contact the Foundation office at x2002919 or email email@example.com.
USA: Florida: Orange County