Foundation / Corporation
Foundation for Orange County Public Schools (OCPS) and Duke Energy
Grants of up to $3,000 to Orange County, Florida K-12 math and science teachers to purchase additional classroom resources for investigative math, science, and energy education projects. Funding will be provided for the purchase of classroom supplies, materials, and/or equipment related to the proposed project.
Priority will be given to grant proposals that focus on:
- Energy education
- Hands-on projects that use an engineering design or scientific discovery process
- Defined outcomes with clear objectives stating what students should know and be able to do at the end of the project
- Opportunities for the students to share what they’ve learned with the greater school community
- Realistic timeline for accomplishing the project within the school year
- Appropriate / detailed budget
Community and education leaders judge grant applications in a competitive process, with preference given to creative, well-written proposals that clearly and comprehensively describe the classroom and student need involving the greatest number of under-performing students.
GrantWatch ID#: 172587
K - 5th Grade: Up to $2,000
6th - 12th Grade: Up to $3,000
Approved grants will be awarded by October 18, 2017. Grantees must spend funds by December 6, 2017.
- K-12 Orange County Public Schools math or science classroom teachers may apply.
- Only one Duke Energy Math-Science-Energy Education or Duke Energy STEM Partnership Impact Grant Application per teacher and/or teaching team will be considered. Please plan your grant request accordingly.
- Pre-K and charter schools are not eligible.
Awards Will Not Cover:
- Registration / Entry Fees
- Honoraria, salaries, stipends, or substitute teachers
- Field trips or transportation
- Awards, incentives, t-shirts, food (unless part of an experiment)
- Programs that are state-mandated or existing programs funded by another organization
- Replication of a grant awarded in a prior academic year to the same grantee
- Maintenance of a grant awarded in a prior academic year to the same grantee
Application Information: https://www.foundationforocps.org/p/580/login-instructions
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the following Grant Writing Resource Materials:
- Application Fact Sheet
- Rubric Sample
- Sample Application Template
- 2017 Grant Workshop Overview
- All applications must be submitted via the online grant portal.
- All applications must be approved by the principal.
- Anonymity - Do not mention names (school, student, mascot, school newspaper, personnel) unless specifically asked.
- Application due by: August 18, 2017
- Award notification by: October 18, 2017
- Spend funds by: December 6, 2017
- Submit expense report and unspent funds by: December 13, 2017
- Final Evaluation due by: May 16, 2018
Please Note: If you are unable to meet the key dates for spending and reporting, please do not apply. Unspent funds must be returned by the December 13, 2017 deadline.
Checks will be made payable to the grantee’s school. Amount granted may be different from budget request.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.foundationforocps.org/site-users/login#.WWSRrdN97MU
Contact Twanna Scroggins at 200-2919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Florida: Orange County