Foundation / Corporation
Conrad and Virginia Klee Foundation
Grant to Broome County, New York nonprofit for programs that will develop and encourage healthy lifestyles within the local community. Applicants must contact the Foundation at least two weeks before applying. Funding may also be awarded to programs in the areas of human services, arts, humanities, education, and health.
The Foundation is particularly interested in assisting programs which meet an urgent community need, which do not unnecessarily duplicate programs of other organizations, which have explored alternative funding sources, and which have some reasonable assurance of ongoing support.
The board will primarily consider proposals that it determines to be capacity building or that increase sustainability.
The Foundation primarily considers grants for general operating support to:
- Organizations that historically have been funded by Klee that demonstrate reasonable sustainability and for whom Klee funding has a significant impact.
- Organizations for which a one-time operating grant will increase their capacity to meet a documented community need and that show the ability to sustain increased capacity without further Klee assistance.
The Foundation may consider a project grant for one-time support for a program, equipment or other capital need that will increase an organization's capacity to serve its constituency.
GrantWatch ID#: 172643
Up to $300,000 over a two to three-year period.
Funding will be distributed over a grant period of two to three years.
Grants are limited to qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations located in Broome County, New York or almost exclusively serving its residents.
The Klee Foundation does not make grants to or for the following:
- To individuals;
- To organizations with so many counterparts that funding one could lead to an unrealistic number of similar requests, such as scout troops, volunteer fire departments, ambulance squads, individual schools, PTAs, or other similar groups;
- To organizations that received their last grant payment less than two years ago.
- For religious purposes (churches or agencies) including programs that have a religious component;
- To United Way agencies for general operating support.
- Funding in support of special events, such as music or arts festivals, conference sponsorships, workshops, etc., unless there is a realistic, action plan for follow-up activities or sustainability.
All applicants must speak with staff before submitting a grant proposal.For most proposals, a meeting of agency representatives with Klee staff is required and must occur no later than two weeks prior to the submission deadline.
Upcoming Deadline: February 15, 2018. The Board meets in March to consider eligible 2017-2018 annual operating and other qualified proposals that have been approved for submission.
The following deadline will be October 5, 2018 for consideration at the November board meeting.
Board information sheet:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please call the foundation office or submit a brief written inquiry by email or USPS.
The Klee Foundation
84 Court St., Suite 500
Binghamton, NY 13901
USA: New York: Broome County