Foundation / Corporation
National Institute for Health Care Management (NIHCM) Foundation
07/23/18 5:00 PM EDT
Grants to USA nonprofit and for-profit organizations and institutions, as well as individual journalists, for health care journalism initiatives. Funding is available for activities such as health reporting, documentary films and related public engagement campaigns, and relevant educational opportunities for reporters.
Funding is intended to support journalism that informs efforts to improve the health of Americans, and that examines emerging health issues and their implications for cost, quality, and access.
Proposals will be judged using the following criteria:
- Significance: Is the proposed topic area or project objective important and significant?
- Impact: Is the project likely to result in products or other deliverables that improve the public’s health literacy or understanding of emerging health issues and their implications for cost, quality, and access? Will the products or other deliverables be disseminated to appropriate target audiences in ways that can maximize the project’s impact?
- Design: Are the activities proposed appropriate to accomplishing the project objectives? How will the project team deal with anticipated challenges in completing the project?
- Timeliness: Will the proposed project be completed in a reasonable time frame to have sufficient impact?
- Qualifications of Key Personnel: Do the key personnel have the necessary experience to complete this project successfully?
- Budget: Is the level of support requested consistent with the proposed project scope?
GrantWatch ID#: 172656
NIHCM expects to fund 6 to 8 grants.
Projects that can be completed within one year are preferred. NIHCM will consider support for projects already underway or requiring a longer timeframe, provided applicants can describe anticipated impact and deliverables during the project year.
The Foundation welcomes applications from individual journalists as well as from all types of organizations and institutions, including both nonprofit and for-profit entities.
Applicants are required to submit an initial letter of inquiry (LOI) describing their project by 5:00 PM EDT on July 23, 2018. Applications are welcome at any time prior to that deadline.
Those applicants accepted for further consideration will be contacted in August regarding the next steps in the application process.
NIHCM will announce the grant winners by November 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions related to this program, please contact:
Please specify “JOURNALISM GRANT QUESTION” in the email subject line.
1225 19th St. NW, Suite 710
Washington, DC 20036
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming