Foundation / Corporation
Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF)
07/02/18 11:59 PM US ET
Grants of up to $75,000 per year for two years to USA, Canada, and International individual researchers who are affiliated with a nonprofit academic or research institution, for projects that focus on one or more of the following areas of lung cancer research:
- Basic science
- Translational research
- Clinical research
- Supportive care
- Quality of care/outcomes
The Foundation encourages applications for projects investigating a wide variety of research topics, including:
- Improving our understanding of lung cancer biology
- Prevention and screening for early detection
- Identification of new biomarkers and the development of targeted therapies
- Development of more effective and safer therapies
- Psychosocial research including supportive measures for people with lung cancer and their families
- Quality of care and outcomes research for the improvement of healthcare standards and overall patient outcomes
GrantWatch ID#: 172990
The maximum award amount is $150,000 for a period of two years (disbursed at $75,000 per year).
The grant is for a period of two years (disbursed at $75,000 per year). Projects may begin in November of 2018.
Investigators from USA and international institutions are eligible to apply for LCRF funding. Individuals must be affiliated with a nonprofit academic or research institution and fall into one of the following categories:
- Students and fellows
- Young and mid-career investigators with less than ten years’ experience since initial faculty appointment
- Non-tenure track researchers, staff scientists, and clinicians
Senior investigators with more than ten years’ experience since faculty appointment are generally not eligible for funding and are encouraged to mentor a junior team member through the application process.
LCRF will not support institutional indirect/facilities and administrative costs.
- The LCRF grant must be the primary source of support for the project. Additional secondary funding (e.g. for core services support) is permitted.
- Any equipment costs must be limited and directly applicable to the research project (i.e. large, general equipment costs are not permitted).
- Direct patient care costs that could be reimbursed by other sources will not be covered.
- Travel and publication costs are permitted.
Summary of timeline:
July 2, 2018, 11:59pm, US Eastern time: Application deadline
October 31, 2018: Award decisions announced
November 2018: Projects begin
A preview of the full application is available here: http://lcrf.org/application_preview
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.