Foundation / Corporation
City of Burien
08/17/18 4:30 PM
Grants to Washington nonprofits and individuals to promote the development of cultural opportunities in Burien through ongoing programs, innovative projects, and education. Funding is intended to support local arts organizations and artists. An additional goal of funding is to attract regional artists and audiences that can contribute to Burien’s identity as an arts and culture-oriented city.
Funding Priorities - The City of Burien Arts Commission is interested in applications that focus on:
1. Ongoing programs developed for or presented in the Burien community, and supportive funding to keep the organizations who run these programs healthy.
2. Innovative projects (new or ongoing) that bring cultural experiences to Burien.
3. Cultural education experiences for underserved populations.
There is no priority between each of the elements listed, nor is there a requirement to meet all criteria:
- Artistic and heritage merit and excellence.
- Administrative capability and fiscal stability of the applicant’s organization.
- Recruitment of underserved populations through special outreach and/or specialized promotional strategies.
- Documented evaluation and measurement of previous year’s program grant objectives.
- Diversity of applicant’s additional funding sources.
- Burien-based artists, heritage professionals, and cultural organizations.
- All application materials provided as requested.
GrantWatch ID#: 173077
- Applicants must be individuals or non-profit organizations. Evidence of non-profit status for organizations will be required.
- The proposed program and/or event must be held in Burien or serve a majority of Burien residents.
- Only one application per individual/organization will be accepted per year.
- Grant funding cannot be used to fund scholarships.
- Grants cannot fund purchase of equipment or infrastructure.
- Grant funding cannot be used to develop or produce fund-raising events or programs.
Applications are due by 4:30 p.m. Friday, August 17, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit application materials to:
Gina Kallman, Cultural Arts Supervisor
USA: Washington: Burien