Foundation / Corporation
Francis Family Foundation
Grants of up to $10,000 to small Kansas and Missouri nonprofit arts organizations for arts and culture programming in the greater Kansas City area. Applicants that are non-arts organizations of any budget size may apply for funding if they have a community-based arts program that provides access to arts and culture opportunities in traditional and non-traditional sites throughout the greater Kansas City area.
Funding will be provided for program or projects support, or for general operating support. General Support grants are the most flexible and can be used for many things, including program and operating expenses, to further the organization’s charitable purposes.
In addition, funding is also provided for:
- Resources to help organizations and the artists served to work successfully
- Programs that give more chances for all people to have meaningful arts and culture experiences.
Priority is given to eligible:
- Organizations that include or reach the underserved, especially minorities or those with low incomes. Groups that are historically discriminated against and people with access or equity issues, such as LGBT, elderly, disabled, or a community with few arts and culture services, may also be included.
- Applications for program or project support that embraces arts innovation by increasing an individual’s opportunities to broaden and deepen creative expression, or provide services to artists or on behalf of the arts sector.
GrantWatch ID#: 173212
Small Arts Grant Fund requests cannot exceed $10,000.
The grant period should be the start and end dates of the organization’s fiscal year (2017-18 or 2018).
To be eligible for a Small Arts Grant, an organization should be:
- Located within the greater Kansas City area (60-mile radius), and
- A tax-exempt 501(c)(3) public charity with a federal Employer Identification Number (EIN), or partner with another organization that can serve as a fiscal sponsor, and
- An arts organization with annual revenues of less than $300,000 last fiscal year.
- A non-arts organization – regardless of budget size or mission – with a community-based arts program that provides access to arts and culture opportunities in traditional and non-traditional sites throughout the greater Kansas City area.
Grants are not made to individuals, fraternal organizations or political parties for any purpose.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the Application Tips. The Application Tips for use in 2017 also includes a section about the purpose and priorities of the Fund.
Application available: July 5, 2017
Application due date: August 31, 2017
Board decision on grants: November 17, 2017
Grant award letter and payment: December 2017
Note: Organizations with three grants in a row cannot apply in the fourth year, but may reapply to the Small Arts Grants Fund in the fifth year or after.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_531/?SA=SNA&FID=35020
For more information, please call Program Officer, Liana Riesinger, at 816-531-0077 or email her at email@example.com.
Contact Kim Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org for any computer or technical issues.
USA: Kansas: greater Kansas City area; Missouri: greater Kansas City area