Foundation / Corporation
Junior League of Las Vegas (JLLV)
Grants of up to $1,000 and grants of up to $1,500 to Southern Nevada K-12 teachers for creative projects that will improve student learning. Projects geared towards youth, ages 12 and up, are favored, as well as projects that demonstrate creativity and positive impact on a large number of students.
Examples of previously funded projects include:
- Robotics kits for classroom and competition use
- Student medical doctor certificate programs
- Baseball-themed literacy challenge
- Rollercoaster engineering design competition
- Make your own music instruments
GrantWatch ID#: 173384
K - 5th Grade: Up to $1,000
6th - 12th Grade: Up to $1,500
Funds must be used by April 20, 2018.
- The school must be an accredited Nevada institution, with K-12 accreditation.
- Educators from Southern Nevada primary and secondary schools, both public and private, are encouraged to apply.
- One grant submission per teacher is allowed. A teacher is not allowed to submit multiple grant proposals for different projects
- Teachers from the same school may not submit duplicate grant proposals for the same project.
- If multiple applications are received for the same project from teachers of different schools, only the first grant received (by date of mailing) will be entered for consideration
Grant funds are not available for the following: Purchase of electronic technology (iPads, ereaders, tablets, calculators, etc.) not vital to the success of the proposed project, food, field trips, to fund a larger project, to pay speakers, substitute teachers, conference fees, continuing education units, or to pay teachers an hourly fee for implementing their grant.
All grant submissions must be postmarked by September 22, 2017. All grant applicants will be notified by e-mail by October 6, 2017 on the status of their grant proposal.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
Junior League of Las Vegas
Attn: Education Grants
861 E. Bridger Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89101-5539
For questions, email Katie Kerestesi, Education Grants Chair, at email@example.com or call 702.822.6536.
USA: Nevada: Southern Nevada