Foundation / Corporation
Fredericton Community Foundation (FCF)
09/20/17 4:00 PM
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $30,000 to Greater Fredericton, New Brunswick nonprofits, schools, and municipalities for programs in the areas of arts and culture, heritage, youth, environment, health and wellness, education, sports and recreation, and social development.
While “Greater Fredericton” is not defined, the Foundation has granted to organizations in communities throughout various parts of central New Brunswick.
The purpose of Impact Grants is to provide funds for projects or programs that will have a positive impact on the community and that would not occur without the Foundation’s support.
Preference will be given to projects that are able to leverage funds from other sources as a result of the Foundation’s grant.
GrantWatch ID#: 173647
Applicants may submit applications for grants ranging from $10,000 to $30,000.
The following types of organizations will be deemed eligible for a grant from the Fredericton Community Foundation:
- A registered Canadian charity.
- A registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association.
- A municipality in the Greater Fredericton Area.
- Her Majesty in right of Canada and the Province of New Brunswick and agents thereof (Federal and Provincial Government and Agencies) e.g. Schools.
The following types of organizations and activities will be deemed ineligible for a grant from the Fredericton Community Foundation:
- Non-registered charitable institutions unless supported by a qualified organization described above.
- Organizations that are profit orientated.
- Activities that are political or religious in nature (this does not preclude religious organizations from applying if they are delivering a service to the community that is not religious or faith based).
- Organizations not located or operating within the Greater Fredericton area.
- Individuals, unless the request is deemed unique and unusual and then only through an organization as described above.
- Annual Fund Drives.
- Core operating expenses of Organizations, unless it is critical to mission delivery,
- Deficit Financing.
Applications must be submitted on or before the third Wednesday of September.
Upon review of the applications, the Grantmaking Committee will select one or more finalists and ask each finalist to make a presentation to the Committee. The Committee may contact the finalists ahead of time to request specific information.
Applicants who qualify for the interview stage should be prepared to provide details about how receiving an amount less than what they applied for will impact their program/project. (For example, if the applicant applied for $20,000, they must be prepared to indicate how receiving a grant of $10,000 or $15,000 would impact their program/project.)
How to apply: https://www.fredfdn.ca/apply
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Greater Fredericton Region
Canada: New Brunswick