Foundation / Corporation
Lake Region Arts Council (LRAC)
Grants ranging from $500 to $10,000 or more to West Central Minnesota individual artists for activities that promote access to the arts, arts education, and engagement with the state’s arts and cultural heritage. Applicants requesting more than $10,000 must contact program staff well in advance of the deadline. Any events related to this project must be open to the general public.
The Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund will support activities in three key areas:
1) Arts & Arts Access: Up to 79% of the fund will support Minnesota artists and arts organizations in creating, producing, and presenting high‐quality arts activities; to overcome barriers to accessing high‐quality arts activities; and to instill the arts into the community and public life in the state.
2) Arts Education: Investing in lifelong learning in the arts: Up to 16% of the fund will support high‐quality, age‐appropriate arts education for Minnesotans of all ages to develop knowledge, skills, and understanding of the arts.
3) Arts & Cultural Heritage: Building bridges between Minnesotans through arts and culture. Up to 5% of the fund may be used for events and activities that represent the diverse ethnic and cultural arts traditions, including folk and traditional artists and art organizations, represented in this state.
For a list of sample activities in each of the three key areas please, see: https://lrac4.org/s/Legacy-Individual-Grant-Guidelines-2018-2019.pdf#page=4
Types of proposals that are eligible include but are not limited to:
- Projects for the production of Public Art.
- School artist residencies.
- Artistic performances.
- Arts educational experiences.
- Art workshops.
- Art exhibits.
GrantWatch ID#: 174005
An individual artist may request from $500 to $10,000 or more with no maximum amount.
The project start date must be after the LRAC Board Grant Review Date (see deadline calendar). All proposed projects and activities must have an end date no more than 12 months from the proposal start date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=lakeregion
Betsy Ostenson, Grants Manager
Toll Free 800‐262‐2787 (MN)
Lake Region Arts Council
133 South Mill Street,
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
USA: Minnesota: Becker, Clay, Douglas, Grant, Otter Tail, Pope, Stevens, Traverse and Wilkin counties.