Foundation / Corporation
New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) - Genesee-Orleans Regional Arts Council
09/28/18 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $5,000 to Genesee and Orleans Counties, New York nonprofits and individual artists to support arts activities that engage the community. Applicants who did not attend a grant workshop in 2017 are required to attend one before submitting an application. Projects can be in the media, literary, performing, and visual arts.
Funding from this program is intended to provide accessible arts projects that enhance the cultural climate in local neighborhoods and communities. Projects can include concerts, performances, public art, exhibitions, screenings, festivals, workshops, readings, and more.
The Reach Grants support activities of artists, collectives, and community nonprofit organizations in their service to local residents and visitors.
Remember this is a project support grant program, all expenses should be related to supporting a specific project.
- Artist fees for performing, teaching, or providing services
- Marketing/publicity costs
- Direct administrative expenses related to the proposed project
- Expendable project –related supplies and materials
- Project-related travel expenses
- Project-related rental of space and equipment
- Project-related technical fees
- First time applicants
- Applicants that have applied and not received funding consecutively in the past two years
- Collaborative projects
- Projects that include payment to artists for work
- Projects that are accessible or targeted at underserved communities
- New Projects
- Outreach into diverse populations
GrantWatch ID#: 174010
Up to $5,000.
Project period: January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019.
- Must have a permanent address in the same county the project is taking place
- Nonprofit organizations, NYS incorporated nonprofits, agencies of local government (not New York State agencies)
- Individual artists, groups or collectives, unincorporated entities must have a fiscal sponsor or community partner
- Must be over the age of 18
- Public or private schools districts, universities, or colleges
- Departments or agencies of New York State (this includes BOCES)
- Applicants with outstanding final reports from prior year GO ART! grants
- Applicants living outside of the county in which the grant project is taking place without a fiscal sponsor
- Organizations or individuals that have applied directly to the New York State Council on the Arts for the 2019 grant cycle, regardless of funding status. This includes NYSCA REDC.
- Organizations or individuals that have applied for the exact same project 3 years in a row (starting with 2019’s application)
Funding will not be provided for the items listed below. By including ineligible expenses in your budget or narrative, you may disqualify your entire application from being considered. If you have questions about expenses, just ask!
- General operating expenses
- Operating expenses of privately owned facilities
- Permanent equipment or capital improvements
- Cash prizes, juried shows, scholarships, fellowships, awards to students
- Activities to not open to the general public such as camps or clubs
- Events that take place in private homes or studios
- Entertainment costs including food/drink or receptions/parties/fundraisers
- Creation of textbooks or classroom materials
- Programs in which children are used as professional artists (paid a fee)
- Regrants by applicants to fund other activities
- Activities that are non-arts related including balloons, clowns, magic
- Projects that are recreational, liturgical (for the purpose of worship), therapeutic, or rehabilitative in nature
- At-risk social service programs when the focus is primarily for rehabilitative or therapeutic purposes
- Acquisition of works of art, art restoration, or art preservation
- Contingency funds
- Lobbying expenses
Applicants (new and old) that did not attend a workshop in 2017 for the 2018 grant cycle are required to attend an informational seminar.
Free DEC Grant Workshop Dates:
- Tuesday, July 24, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
GO ART! 201 E. Main St, Batavia, NY
- Wednesday, July 25, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Holley Community Free Library, 86 Public Square, Holley, NY
- Saturday, July 28, 2018 @ 10:00 AM
GO ART!, 201 E. Main St, Batavia, NY
- Wednesday, August 1, 2018 @ 7:00 PM
Lee Whedon Memorial Library, 620 West Ave, Medina, NY
- Thursday, August 2, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Yates Community Library, 15 North Main St, Lyndonville, NY
- Saturday, August 4, 2018 @ 10:30 AM
Woodward Memorial Library, 7 Wolcott St, LeRoy, NY
- Tuesday, August 7, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Salih Studio, 24 E Bank St, Albion, NY
- Wednesday, August 8, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Byron Bergen Public Library, 18 South Lake Ave, Bergen, NY
- Thursday, August 9, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Corfu Free Library, 7 Maple Ave, Corfu, NY
Reach Grant Deadline - September 28, 2018. The application portal will open on July 23, 2018.
If you would like your application reviewed by the DEC Coordinator it must be emailed to Jodie Fisher by September 14th, 2018.
The Community Arts Grant award will not fund more than 50% of an applicants’ total expenses.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: http://www.goart.submittable.com/
If you have any questions about the DEC Grants Program please contact Jodi Fisher via email at email@example.com or by phone at (585)343-9313.
Genesee-Orleans Regional Arts Council
201 East Main Street
Batavia, New York 14020
USA: New York: Genesee and Orleans Counties