Foundation / Corporation
Marietta Community Foundation (MCF)
10/01/18 4:00 PM
Grants to Ohio organizations for programs that benefit the community of Washington County and surrounding areas. Funding is intended to support programs that expand access for underserved and low-income populations and build on local community assets.
Support is given to organizations and projects that:
- Build on local community strengths and assets.
- Stimulate support from other funding sources.
- Respond creatively to community problems.
- Serve a broad segment of the community.
- Expand access and opportunities for people from low-income and underserved communities.
- Address underlying causes rather than symptoms.
- Increase cooperation and coordination among program providers without duplicating services.
- Improve organization self-sufficiency and efficiency.
- Initiate efforts that will continue to grow in their effectiveness.
- Develop a sense of this community as a special place.
- Have strong board and staff or volunteer leadership.
- Involve a cross-section of people in project planning.
GrantWatch ID#: 174223
Grant requests are accepted from organizations that benefit the citizens of Washington County and the surrounding communities.
The Foundation focuses primarily on organizations in Washington County, Ohio. Grants have been awarded in the past that have benefitted the residents of Williamstown, WV and to Wood County, WV organizations, as long as they provide services to residents of Washington County, Ohio as well.
All potential applicants are strongly urged to informally share their ideas with the Foundation before submitting a completed application.
To be considered in a particular cycle, the application must be received at the Foundation's offices by April 1st or October 1st by 4:00 p.m. If the application is not received by that date, it will be held over for consideration during the next grant cycle. Applicants should allow 60 to 90 days for processing and response.
More information about applying: http://www.mcfohio.org/submit_application
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Heather Allender, President and CEO
Mail applications to:
P.O. Box 77
Marietta, Ohio 45750
100 Putnam Street
Marietta, Ohio 45750
USA: Ohio: Washington County