Tillamook County Economic Development Council (EDC) and Visit Tillamook Coast (VTC)
11/15/18 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $10,000 to Tillamook County, Oregon nonprofits, government agencies, and businesses to promote the local tourism industry. Funding is intended to support the promotion and marketing of programs, activities, services, and events that will attract visitors to Tillamook County.
Emphasis is placed on projects that encourage tourism in the shoulder and off seasons (non-peak tourist months), encouraging extended stays, repeat visits, and contribute to the development and improvement of the local economy by means of enhancement, expansion and promotion of the of tourism industry.
- Radio or TV Ads
- Web expenses: design, development and or updates
- Mobile app design, development, or updates
- Web advertising: Google ads, social media, and other electronic media expenses
- Hats, t-shirts, clothing or other giveaways, not for resale
- Product labels, packaging, jars, boxes
- Trade or food shows: booth fees, electric hookups, cost of samples
- Vehicle truck and trailer wraps
- Newspaper ads
- Direct mail ads
- Print ads
- Sales catalogs
- Video productions
- Farm signs
- Retail displays
- Staff time allocated to the marketing and promotions project (Must provide detailed account of time spent on project.)
GrantWatch ID#: 174258
Applicants may apply for grant funding up to $10,000.
All grant activities must be completed by January 1, 2020. If the project is for the promotion of a specific event, grant activities must be completed no later than 30 days following the event.
For-Profit Application Eligibility:
Applicants must be 1) for-profit businesses engaged in tourism activities; and 2) operate in Tillamook County or provide services to tourists in Tillamook County.
Nonprofit/Not-For-Profit Application Eligibility:
Applicants must operate in Tillamook County or serve tourists in Tillamook County and be: 1) a qualified tax-exempt organization, such as government; or 2) a non-profit recognized by the state or federal government as a 501(c) that serves tourists.
- Salaries and wages (except as noted-any project related salaries and wages are eligible)
- Fringe benefits
- Rent/lease costs
- Web maintenance
- App maintenance
- Purchase of equipment
- Trade show hotel, travel, labor, registration fees
- Costs incurred prior to the submission and award of a grant, actual or anticipated
- Costs of operating an event
- Costs not outlined in the grant application. Only expenses approved in application are eligible for reimbursement.
- Grant Open Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2018
- Grant Closing Date: Thursday, November 15, 2018 by 5:00 PM
- Tentative Grant Review Date: December 11, 2018
- Tentative Grant Award Date: December 18, 2018
Applications must be received in the office no later than 5:00 PM on the closing date.
For-Profits: Funds are available as a 50% reimbursement for tourism marketing and promotional purposes. For example, a $20,000 marketing campaign would be eligible for reimbursement up to $10,000.
Nonprofits: Applicants must provide documentation of at least 25% match level in funds or in-kind support of the amount requested. For example, an organization requesting $1,000 in grant funds would be required to provide matching funds or in-kind support of $250.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Amy Blackburn, Grant Administrator
Submit completed application to:
Visit Tillamook Coast
Partners for Rural Innovation Building
4506 Third Street
Tillamook, Oregon 97141
USA: Oregon: Tillamook County