Visit Gainesville Alachua County, FL
03/29/19 12:00 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Florida nonprofit organizations, corporations, associations, and public and privately-funded planners for events, conferences, and meetings in Gainesville and Alachua County. Priority will be given to projects that will bring overnight visitors to the county.
The purpose of the Conference Grant is to advance and promote tourism in Alachua County. Priority for Conference Grant funding will be given to projects that have the greatest potential of bringing visitors to Alachua County who will stay overnight in hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, inns, RV parks, and campgrounds.
The Visit Gainesville, Alachua County FL Conference Grant is an excellent marketing and recruiting incentive for area hoteliers and facility managers to offer potential incoming meetings and conferences.
- Printing for the conference
- Postage pertaining to the conference
- Advertisements and promotion for the conference including television, radio, newspaper, magazines, billboards, and signage on highways entering Alachua County
- Preparation of presentation materials, such as brochures, slides, etc.
- Transportation within Alachua County while conference is being held, i.e. bus transportation to take participants to conference site, dining, local attractions, etc.
- Souvenir items that have the Visit Gainesville, Alachua County, FL logo on them
- Rental fees for use of a facility for the conference
- Any other appropriate expenses needed for the conference allowable under Section 125.0104, Florida Statutes (see https://www.visitgainesville.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Conference-Grant-SPRING-2019-Application-website.pdf#page=12)
GrantWatch ID#: 174444
Conference Grants will provide funds for up to 50% of the budget for the total costs of an approved conference, up to a maximum of $10,000, subject to the funds allocated to the grant program.
Conferences should occur between January 1, 2019 and September 30, 2020.
Individual grants are available to corporate, association, or non-profit, public or privately-funded planners. To be an eligible applicant, the applicant must be a legally established entity. Individuals are not eligible.
- Sales tax
- Annual operating expenses to the Corporation that are not directly related to the conference
- Costs for applying for the grant including typing, paper or, postage
- The cost of resale items sold at a profit
- Any other expenses that are not allowable under Section 125.0104, Florida Statutes
Application deadline is March 29, 2019.
Applicants must provide 50% cash match or 25% cash match and 25% in-kind match of the budget for the total cost of an approved conference. Examples of in-kind match include donated goods and services, facilities, etc.
Grant funds will be reimbursed (1) after the conclusion of your conference and (2) upon receipt of all required reimbursement documentation. The recipient has 90 days after the last day of the conference to complete the reimbursement process. Award notifications will be made via email to the address provided in the application.
Payment will only be made to the organization receiving the grant. No payments will be made directly to vendors or individuals.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For additional information, planners may contact Kathy Munden, email@example.com, at (352) 374-5260 or toll-free at (866)778-5002.
Applications should be mailed to:
Visit Gainesville, Alachua County, FL
33 N Main St
Gainesville, FL 32601
USA: Florida: Gainesville and Alachua County