Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa - Montgomery County Community Foundation (MCCF)
Grants to Montgomery County, Iowa nonprofits and agencies to enhance the quality of life in the community through programs in the areas of health, social services, culture, civic, and education. Funding is intended to support projects that will have a lasting impact on the community and can be utilized for many years.
Successful applications will include the following components:
- Respond to a demonstrated or emerging community need
- Support effective, proven or promising solutions
- Build upon and maximize other community resources
- Offer a clear plan for financial sustainability
- Part of the criteria for successful applications is the completeness, consciousness, and quality of the application.
GrantWatch ID#: 174499
The Montgomery County Community Foundation grant dollars are awarded for a single year.
Only Federally-recognized and certified 501(c)(3) Public Charity organizations that serve the specified County are eligible. An Iowa nonprofit status is insufficient; the organization must be Federally certified as a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. In addition, the organization’s governing board must approve all applications prior to submission.
Concerning the use of a Fiscal Sponsor:
- For this grant process you may use a Fiscal Sponsor (a nonprofit holding a 501(c)(3) letter). If your organization is not a 501(c)(3) Public Charity organization you must find another nonprofit that is willing to act on your organization’s behalf as the fiscal Sponsor
- A Fiscal Sponsor is a nonprofit organization that has received an IRS letter of determination that they are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity, or a governmental entity such as a City or County Board of Supervisors
- Public Libraries, Fire Departments, County Extension, County Conservation, Fair Boards, etc. are among those that require a Fiscal Sponsor. In these cases, the City or the County Board of Supervisors may be used as a fiscal sponsor.
- The County Community Foundation, except under unusual circumstances, does not make grants for endowment campaigns, deficit financing, annual fund drives, or fundraising activities.
- The County Community Foundation does not fund training fees or operational expenses.
- The County Community Foundation does not make grants for “consumables” such as salaries, food, gift/promotional items (i.e., T-shirts, contest prizes). The County Community Foundation also does not make grants for band uniforms or Christmas decorations.
- The County Community Foundation gives less consideration to applications from tax supported organizations, individual churches, or similar religious groups.
- The County Community Foundation will not consider applications from cemetery associations, veteran and labor organizations, social clubs, or fraternal organizations.
The Montgomery County Community Foundation Spring 2018 grant program is now open for applications.
- Spring grant proposal deadline: February 1; applicant notified: Early April
- Fall grant proposal deadline: September 1; applicant notified: Late October
Note: Applicants must download and read the Fact Sheet and FAQ pages before accessing the application form. Incomplete or inaccurate applications will not be considered.
Since the applications are submitted online only, there is no extension for weekends or holidays.
Only one proposal per agency will be accepted unless the agency is acting as a fiscal sponsor for another organization and the funder has approved additional applications.
Additional contact, correspondence, or site visits with Foundation staff and committee members, when necessary, will be conducted following preliminary review of proposals.
If this grant request is awarded, the check would be mailed directly to your organization but it would be made out to the Fiscal Sponsor.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions call 402-342-3458, or contact:
Dennis Nissen, Iowa Foundations Director
Denise Cardos, Administrative Associate
USA: Iowa: Montgomery County