Foundation / Corporation
10/02/17 5:00 PM PDT
Grants of $25,000 to USA and Territories nonprofit organizations to present free, professional music concert series that are open to the public and that take place in small to mid-sized towns and cities. The public spaces in which the concerts are to take place must be outdoors, easily accessible to a wide range of socioeconomic groups, and have a lawn-like setting with no fixed seating.
Each Levitt AMP Music Series must present a broad range of music genres throughout the 10 to 12-week period. Your concert series should be inclusive of all music tastes, providing the opportunity for your community to experience a variety of music performances. To celebrate local traditions and history, opening acts may be programmed to highlight a specific music genre.
You should book your Levitt AMP Music Series so that it includes a variety of local, regional and national talent featuring a range of music genres, from acclaimed, emerging musicians to seasoned, award-winning artists.
In addition to the cash award, The Levitt Foundation will provide Levitt AMP grant recipients with technical assistance and resources including the Levitt AMP Toolkit. The Toolkit contains valuable resources for Levitt AMP grant recipients, such as: a sample entertainment contract; a sample press release; a hosted page on the Levitt AMP website; e-blast and social media templates; Levitt AMP graphics; a list of talent managers and music agents from across the country; and consultation with national program staff at the Levitt Foundation.
GrantWatch ID#: 174677
Grants will be awarded to up to 15 nonprofit organizations.
Applicants will each receive $25,000 in matching funds.
The entire Levitt AMP [Your City] Music Series must be presented over 10 to 12 consecutive weeks, between May 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018.
2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant must be a USA-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- All proposed Levitt AMP [Your City] Music Series must take place in small to mid-sized towns and cities within the United States and its territories with a population of up to 400,000 people, and may be located within a metropolitan area with a population of no more than 1,000,000. For towns or cities located within a metropolitan area with a population of more than 1,000,000, the town or city must be at least 25 miles from the anchor city of the metropolitan area.
- The public space where the free concerts are to be presented must be outdoors, easily accessible to a wide range of socioeconomic groups, and have a lawn-like setting with no fixed seating.
- If a permanent Levitt venue is located in an applicant’s state or region, the proposed Levitt AMP site must be located a minimum of 75 miles or more from the existing Levitt venue.
- The entire Levitt AMP [Your City] Music Series must be free to the public and open to all ages.
- Applicant must display a successful track record of presenting professional quality concerts or community events, or be engaged with an individual or organization that has done so.
It is required that a minimum of 10 free Levitt AMP concerts be presented.
The Levitt AMP webinar will take place on July 18, 2017 and again on August 23, 2017. During the webinar, the Foundation will discuss:
- Goals of the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards
- Eligibility criteria
- Online application process and key instructions
- Matching funds requirement
- Online public voting process
- Benefits of the Levitt AMP Toolkit
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to ask questions through an online chat feature.
You may register for the webinar by visiting the Foundation's website, scrolling down to Important Dates, and clicking on the date that works best for your schedule.
- The opportunity to participate in the AMP Awards as an Applicant begins at 12:00 PM PDT on June 26, 2017 and ends at 5:00 PM PDT on October 2, 2017.
- The Application Period will be followed by a second period when members of the general public can vote for Applications through an online public voting process on the Site which begins at 10:00 AM PDT on November 1, 2017 and ends at 5:00 PM PST on November 20, 2017, the last date and time a member of the general public may place an online vote.
- The Voting Period will be followed by a third period when Levitt will review the Top 25 Finalists and select up to 15 Grant Recipients.
- All Top 25 finalists will be notified via email on January 2, 2018 regarding whether they are a Levitt AMP grant recipient.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the Application Resources.
Official Rules: https://grant.levittamp.org/rules/
Note: Applicant must demonstrate matching funds, dollar for dollar, from other sources. Of the total matching funds raised, up to 50% may be in-kind contributions and the rest must be cash donations, sponsorships and/or grants.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
You must be registered to apply:
Log in to apply: https://grant.levittamp.org/log-in
July 18 Webinar - https://cc.readytalk.com/r/tvi63itixjs3&eom
August 23 Webinar - https://cc.readytalk.com/r/l7tnrwq24gn7&eom
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)