Foundation / Corporation
Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation (WFACF)
Grants to North Central Texas nonprofit organizations for a broad range of charitable, civic, religious, moral, environmental, and educational programs and activities. Applicants are required to submit an LOI prior to submitting a full application.
Grants are awarded primarily throughout the North Central Texas area, which includes the following Texas Counties: Archer, Baylor, Clay, Foard, Hardeman, Haskell, Jack, Knox, Montague, Throckmorton, Wichita, Wilbarger, and Young.
Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation grant awards are generally for the following purposes:
- For the operation and maintenance of nonprofit agencies.
- For charitable activities and projects that relieve the government of duty.
- For scholarships that enhance educational, vocational, and professional training.
- For promoting scientific and/or medical research for the advancement of human knowledge and alleviation of human, animal, or environmental suffering.
- For the care of the sick, aged, handicapped, orphaned, and helpless.
- For the religious, physical, mental, and spiritual care of men, women, and children.
- For aiding in the reformation or relief of victims of substance abuse, adults released from prison, juveniles released from detention centers, and other wayward persons.
- For the improvement of living and working conditions of human beings.
- For providing facilities for public recreation, comfort, and convenience.
- For the encouragement of social and domestic hygiene.
- For promoting the investigation of, or research into the causes of ignorance, poverty, and vice; preventing the operation of such causes; and solution-oriented assistance.
- For the support of the arts and cultural endeavors.
- For the support of historical restoration and preservation projects.
- For meeting and/or working collaboratively with other organizations to meet emerging charitable needs.
GrantWatch ID#: 174892
WFACF awards one-time, occasional, and multi-year grants.
In compliance with Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation’s Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, grants are awarded:
- To 501(c)(3) charitable organizations and other charitable activities/projects that relieve the government of duty.
- For such charitable, benevolent, civic, moral, religious, environmental, and educational uses and proposes that will most effectively assist, encourage, and promote the well-being of mankind whether supported wholly or in part by private donations or by taxation.
- At the discretion of the WFACF Board of Directors to assist, encourage and promote the well-being of mankind, regardless of race, creed, national origin, or gender.
The following is a list of restrictions that apply to WFACF grants:
- Fundraising expenses for a donor’s fund cannot be granted or expensed from said fund.
- Grants that have a direct benefit for fund holder or immediate family members cannot be awarded.
- Grants are not made to political candidates or for lobbying efforts.
- Grants are not made to individuals.
- Grants are not made to Type III Support Organizations as that term is used in Section 4943 (f) (5) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Unrestricted Grants: There is one grant cycle per year. A letter of intent (LOI) must be submitted one month prior to the grant application deadline. After LOI review, organizations are invited to submit the full grant application. There is a one year waiting period after an unrestricted grant is awarded before another grant request will be considered.
Key Dates and Deadlines
Letter of Intent Deadline: November 15th
Unrestricted Grant Application Deadline: December 15th
Grant Awards Distributed: April
How to Apply
A one page Letter of Intent describing the project, population served, and amount requested must be submitted on your organization’s letterhead by end of day November 15th or previous weekday if on the weekend. Submit only one Letter Of Intent per organization. No electronic or faxed submissions accepted. If you have multiple needs, list by priority order in Letter of Intent. After receipt of the Letter of Intent, applicants will either be invited to submit a grant application or advised that their request will not be considered at this time.
Click here to access the Letter of Intent instructions:
Click here to view the online FAQs:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation
2405 Kell Blvd, Ste. 100
Wichita Falls, TX 76308
Contact the WFACF office at:
Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation Staff:
Teresa Pontius-Caves, President
Julie Looper, Program Manager
Leslie Petersen, Administrative Coordinator
USA: Texas: Archer, Baylor, Clay, Foard, Hardeman, Haskell, Jack, Knox, Montague, Throckmorton, Wichita, Wilbarger, and Young Counties