Foundation / Corporation
Greater Lynchburg Community Foundation
09/15/18 4:30 PM Receipt
Grants to Lynchburg area, Virginia nonprofit organizations for a wide range of programs that meet the needs of local residents. Funds are intended for projects in the following areas of focus: education, human services, health, the arts, and the humanities.
The Lynchburg area includes the City of Lynchburg, and the counties of Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford, and Campbell.
Priority is given to projects that:
- Provide innovative responses to community needs;
- Are likely to make a difference in the quality of life of a number of people;
- Address prevention as well as treatment;
- Develop self-reliance, character, leadership and self-esteem;
- Promote volunteer involvement in and commitment to community needs;
- Help nonprofits manage themselves and their finances more effectively;
- Reduce duplication of services and encourage cooperation; and
- Help the disadvantaged.
GrantWatch ID#: 174935
Grants are made to tax-exempt organizations and institutions that have received a 501(c)(3) classification from the Internal Revenue Service.
The Community Trust is organized and operated to accept gifts to be administered exclusively for charitable purposes primarily in and for the benefit of the City of Lynchburg, and the Counties of Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford, and Campbell.
Generally grants will not be made for:
- Routine operating expenses;
- Services primarily supported by tax dollars;
- Religious organizations for sectarian or religious purposes; and
- Reducing previously incurred deficits.
Organizations need to submit 10 copies of your grant applications to be received in The Community Trust office by 4:30 p.m. on March 15 or September 15 for consideration by the Committee. Those postmarked before the deadline but received after the deadline will not be accepted. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the applications are due on the next business day.
Applying organizations will be eligible for one grant within The Community Trust’s fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
Grants awarded from the September 15 deadline will be announced in December. Grants awarded from the March 15 deadline will be announced in June.
Applications may be submitted online (via the link below) or by downloading and mailing a hard-copy of the application. (Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the PDF of the application.)
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online:
Alternatively, submit a hard copy of the application by mail to:
The Greater Lynchburg Community Trust
101 Paulette Circle, Suite B
Lynchburg, VA 24502
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Cheryl Hall at (434) 845-6500 or email@example.com.
USA: Virginia: City of Lynchburg, and the counties of Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford, and Campbell