Foundation / Corporation
Athens County Foundation
Grants ranging from $3,000 to $8,000 to Athens County, Ohio nonprofits for programs that improve the quality of life of County residents. Funding is intended for programs that address the following areas of priority: serving people with disabilities, building educational success, improving the quality of life for seniors, providing support for women and/or children, and reducing carbon footprint.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Build upon Economic Vitality – Build on our regional strengths, create a vibrant community where people want to live and work, and support an educated community
- Support Thriving Communities – Become more livable, more self-sustainable, and create spaces for diverse voices to come together
- Focus on Individual Health and Wellbeing – sustainable solutions for individuals and families to become secure- such as food security, mental and physical health initiatives, and safety and advocacy efforts
GrantWatch ID#: 174937
The average grant amount is in the $3,000 to $8,000 range.
The Athens County Foundation supports local nonprofit organizations, churches, and government agencies that provide services to communities in Athens County.
Grants will not be considered for the following purposes:
- Budget deficits
- Religious purposes
- Political or legislative action groups
- Annual fundraising drives
Applications must be postmarked by October 15, 2018.
Applicants are notified of final decisions typically within 45 days after deadlines.
Screening questions for grant eligibility:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For general inquiries, please contact:
Jesse Stock, Program Director
Applications can be mailed to:
PO Box 366
Athens, OH 45701
USA: Ohio: Athens County