Foundation / Corporation
Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation (HCTF)
Grants of up to $600 per class and grants of up to $3,500 per school to British Columbia K-12 schools and classrooms for projects and field trips conducted in a nature setting. Funding is intended for hands-on learning experiences focused on the region's wildlife, fish, habitats, or biodiversity. GO Grants cover transportation, project materials, and/or program fees to support student learning and connecting with nature.
The key criteria for GO Grants include trips or projects that are:
- Conducted outdoors in a nature setting
- Focused on learning about British Columbia’s fish, wildlife, habitats, or biodiversity
- Linked to curriculum
- Hands-on or experiential for students
- Planned with, before, and after learning extensions
The eligible items GO Grants cover are:
- Transportation (bus, boat, mileage, etc.)
- Outdoor field trip equipment (e.g. dip nets, pH meters, butterfly nets, magnifiers, field guides, etc.) or habitat stewardship project materials (e.g. nest box supplies, native plants, student gloves for planting)
- Outdoor field trip leader, secondary school (grades 9-12) substitute teacher costs and program fees (e.g. biologist, conservation group fee for outdoor program, etc.)
GrantWatch ID#: 174961
The maximum amount a single class can apply for is $600. For requests for school applications, the maximum amount that can be requested is $3,500.
The February 15th deadline is for field trips between April 1 - June 30. The September 15th deadline is for field trips between September 15 - March 31.
Only K-12 classes or schools in BC can apply. The Foundation no longer accepts district-wide applications.
Annual Application Deadlines:
- February 15th (for field trips between April 1 - June 30)
- September 15th (for field trips between September 15 - March 31)
Only one field trip request per class will be considered for grants. Exceptions include those requests for project materials and used for multiple trips ( e.g. Forest Fridays or Wednesday Walking Nature hikes) or as funds are available each funding cycle.
One GO Grant per school year will be awarded. Successful applicants will need to wait until the following school year to reapply.
Spring grants will be notified by March 15th and Fall/Winter grants will be notified in the first week of October. Notifications will be made by email to all applicants.
Grants of $600 or more are issued as reimbursement grants, which means that the applicant pays for field trip costs up front and is reimbursed when submitting an invoice with receipts.
For grants of $600 or less, checks are issued with the applicant's approval and are
subject to policies as outlined in the approval letter.
How to Apply: https://hctfeducation.ca/go-grants/apply-for-grants/
Grant Coverage Information: https://hctfeducation.ca/go-grants/go-grants-about/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application Portal: https://hctfeducation.fluidreview.com/
#107-19 Dallas Road
Victoria, BC V8V 5A6
Phone and Fax:
Victoria: (250) 940-9786
Toll Free: 1-800-387-9853 ext 4
Fax: (250) 590-6614
Canada: British Columbia