Foundation / Corporation
North Dakota Community Foundation (NDCF) - Kindred Area Community Foundation
Grants of up to $1,000 to North Dakota nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies for programs and projects taking place in the Kindred School District area. Funding is intended to support programs and projects that aim to improve the quality of life for local residents. The Kindred School District area includes portions of Cass County, Richland County, and Ransom County.
In funding decisions, the Advisory Board will consider:
- Each project on the merits of the project
- Organizational management and integrity
- Level of local involvement and community support, to include fundraising
- Degree to which the organization can demonstrate successful attempts to leverage monies through other granting agencies or programs
- The number of residents served and the overall impact on the community
- Innovative solutions or a new approach to an existing or recurring problem
- Degree to which the Kindred Area Community Foundation grant will affect the success of the project
GrantWatch ID#: 174962
Generally, grants shall not exceed $1,000.
- Be an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization; or
- Be a unit of government; or
- Have a written agreement with a fiscal sponsor who is a 501(c)(3) or government agency.
Grants shall be awarded to organizations and/or projects within the boundaries of the Kindred School District. An organization must be based within those boundaries to qualify for funding.
- The Kindred Area Community Foundation will not provide funding for day-to-day operations.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- The Kindred Area Community Foundation will not fund entire projects.
- The Kindred Area Community Foundation shall not make grants to individuals.
The Kindred Area Community Foundation will accept grant applications once each year. Applications are due by October 1 to be eligible for that grant cycle. Applicants will be notified within 30 days of this deadline as to the Board decisions.
Organizations shall be limited to one request per calendar year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Amy Warnke, NDCF Development Director
Submit completed application forms to:
Kindred Area Community Foundation
PO Box 42
Kindred, ND 58051
USA: North Dakota: Kindred School District Area (which includes portions of Cass County, Richland County, and Ransom County)