Foundation / Corporation
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to Indiana nonprofits, governmental agencies, and educational institutions for capital projects related to the areas of arts and culture, education, and health and welfare. Funds will be provided for purchasing facilities, equipment, or real estate.
The SIA Foundation Board of Directors evaluates proposals based on:
- Significance of need
- Potential of grant to improve the quality of a program or service provided, and the quality of life of those served
- Potential of long-term impact and success within the local community served
- Scale of Projects within the local community served
GrantWatch ID#: 175170
Grant requests must be for $1,000 or more, with a maximum requested amount of $10,000.
Organizations, institutions or entities receiving grants may be required to repay the grant if the funds are not utilized for their specified purpose within one (1) year of the date of issuance of the grant.
To be considered eligible, proposals must meet these criteria:
- Applying organizations must be either: 1) tax-exempt under the Internal Revenue Code section 501(c) with a chapter or office in Indiana, 2) an education institution located in Indiana, or 3) an Indiana governmental or quasi-governmental entity.
- Organizations must be financially sound
Support will not be provided for:
- Operating costs, routine expenses, or deficit reduction
- Endowments or memorials
- Fund-raising events, conferences, meals, or travel
- Annual fund drives
Support will not be provided to:
- Organizations located outside of Indiana or organizations that are not tax-exempt
- For-profit businesses
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation or support political candidates
- Fraternal organizations and organizations primarily promoting religious activities; or requiring participants to be of a certain faith or a member of a fraternal organization in order to participate in programs or receive services
- Organizations that discriminate in the provision of services on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, disability, age, religious affiliation or any other unlawful basis
- Spring Cycle: January 1 through March 31 to be considered for a grant to be dispersed by June 15
- Winter Cycle: July 1 through September 30 to be considered for a grant to be dispersed by December 15
If awarded with an SIA Foundation grant, organizations must abstain from the next two grant cycles before applying for another grant.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application: https://web.subaru-sia.com/GrantApplication/login.jsp
P.O. Box 6479
Lafayette, IN 47903
Contact Form: http://siafoundation.wixsite.com/sia-foundation/contact