Foundation / Corporation
Curry Family Foundation
02/28/18 - Deadline for Submitting Letters of Intent
Grants of up to $25,000 to Kansas and Missouri nonprofit organizations for programs and projects in the Kansas City metropolitan area that improve and enhance the lives of endangered children and other disadvantaged persons, promote cultural enrichment, and/or provide educational opportunities.
The Foundation provides funding for the following types of grant requests:
- Program Development
- Operational Expenses
- Equipment and Building Renovation
- Matching Funds
GrantWatch ID#: 175185
The maximum grants are $25,000.
The Foundation does not fund multi-year grants.
Applicants must be a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt organization serving the Kansas City metropolitan area.
- Once an organization receives a grant, they must wait a full year before re-applying.
- The Foundation is not currently funding capital campaigns.
- No grants will be made to political parties, agendas, or activities.
- No grants will be made to organizations that provide services that target a specific religious sect, population, or agenda.
- The Foundation does not contribute to fundraisers and events.
- The Foundation does not provide grants to individuals or social organizations.
- The Foundation does not provide grants to other foundations or funding agencies.
- The Foundation will not provide funds to organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, national origin, disabilities, or gender orientation.
Letters of Intent will only be accepted during these two months of the year:
All the month of Februrary - Letters of Intent submitted during this period will be evaluated and considered for full applications to be reviewed in either the 3rd quarter meeting to be held in July or the 4th quarter meeting to be held in October.
September 1st through September 30th - Letters of Intent submitted during this period will be evaluated and considered for full applications to be reviewed the following year in either the Foundation's first quarter meeting, to be held in January or the Foundation's second quarter meeting, to be held in April.
Organizations interested in applying for participation in the Edwards Community Endowment Project should contact Foundation staff for more information about establishing an organizational endowment, investment and spending policies, administrative fees, and eligible gifts.
Grant Application Process:
Please include a summary of the project/program, amount requesting and the goals of the project/program. If the Foundation feels that your project/program fits within their guidelines and mission statement, they will send a grant application.
Site visits may be set up prior to the Board Meeting. Remember, this is part of the review process and does not guarantee a grant.
More about program areas: http://www.curryfoundationkc.org/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit a letter of intent: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2262?SA=SNA&FID=35007
For questions, please contact:
Lee Ellen Curry
Phone: (816) 931-2528
Phone: (816) 931-2529
Fax: (816) 931-2531
The Curry Family Foundation
Attn: Steve O'Neill
4900 Main St. Suite 210
Kansas City, Missouri 64112
USA: Kansas: Kansas City Metropolitan Area; Missouri: Kansas City Metropolitan Area