Foundation / Corporation
Port of Vancouver
Grants to British Columbia communities for activities that will benefit communities in the Port of Vancouver. Funding is intended for the focus areas of community enrichment, education and training, and environmental leadership.
Focus area details:
- Community Enrichment: The Port of Vancouver embraces inclusion, diversity, cultural and community activity, and convening local residents to participate in experiences that are authentic to a port city and that enhance the quality of life. Organization and program applicants must support activities that strengthen their local community and provide opportunities for people to connect with one another.
- Education and Training: The Port of Vancouver encourages education, awareness, and training dedicated to improving access to and quality of educational resources and training opportunities for students in the operating areas. Priority consideration will be given to disciplines that support the operation of the port or related activities, or that are in areas facing skills shortages.
- Environmental Leadership: The Port of Vancouver promotes environmental stewardship through the advancement of knowledge and is focused on protection of the natural environment and ecological systems in the operating areas.
Organization and program applicants must operate within one or more of the following areas to be considered for funding:
- Air: Air quality and greenhouse gases
- Water and sediment: Water quality, sediment quality and the protection of ocean and river ecosystems
- Land: Brownfield restoration and environmental remediation
- Habitat: Habitat restoration and enhancement
- Climate Action: Energy conservation and alternative energy to minimize greenhouse gas emissions
GrantWatch ID#: 175418
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://grantstream.com/PortofVancouver/form/default/en/
100 The Pointe, 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, British Columbia
Port of Vancouver jurisdiction covers approximately 350 kilometers of shoreline, bordering 16 municipalities and intersecting the traditional territories and treaty lands of several Coast Salish First Nations.
Canada: British Columbia