Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Tompkins County
10/18/17 11:30 PM EST
Grants ranging from $200 to $5,000 to Tompkins County, New York nonprofit organizations for a wide range of charitable programs, projects, and services that benefit local County residents. Funding is specifically intended to support proposals that do not fit with any of the Foundation's existing cycles (listed below):
1) Library Grant Cycle (Eligible applicants are the 33 libraries within the Finger Lakes Library System)
2) Spring Grant Cycle (For projects focusing on aging, youth, animal welfare, and environmental preservation)
3) Fall Grant Cycle (A two year grant cycle serving Tompkins County residents)
4) Women’s Fund Grant Cycle (Serving Women in Tompkins County)
GrantWatch ID#: 175438
- Grant Range: Minimum $200
- Most grants made are under $5,000.
Applicants must serve Tompkins County and provide services for a charitable purpose to residents of Tompkins County unless otherwise noted. Applicants must also be a nonprofit organization 501(c)3, (EIN number must be provided), or have a fiscal sponsor (supported by a written agreement).
- Requests that meet the guidelines of any of the four grant cycles listed above (see Description section) will not be considered in the Out of Cycle process.
- Applications that have been submitted for any of the Foundation's four regular grant cycles are not eligible to be reconsidered for the Out of Cycle Request process
Out of Cycle Request Application Deadlines: May 17, 2017 and October 18, 2017
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the 2017 grants calendar, application instructions document, and tips for completing an application.
All applications/requests must be submitted through CommunityForce, the Foundation's online grant management platform.
Out of Cycle Requests are shared with the Foundation's advisors. This is a way for the Foundation's fund advisors to learn more about the needs in the local community beyond what they learn from the applications in the four grant cycles. These requests do not get reviewed by a community represented review team. A summary is shared with the Foundation's fund advisors and you will be contacted should a donor be interested in additional information. You will be notified only if a fund advisor chooses to make a grant to support all or a portion of your request.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://cftompkins.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx
200 E. Buffalo Street, Suite 202
Ithaca, NY 14850
Phone: (607) 272-9333
Fax: (607) 272-3030
USA: New York: Tompkins County