Foundation / Corporation
Berea College Appalachian Fund
10/13/17 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants ranging from $3,000 to $30,000 to Eastern Kentucky nonprofit organizations for programs to support underserved or economically disadvantaged communities. A grant inquiry must be submitted in advance of the deadline in order to proceed with a full application.
Specifically, the Fund is interested in the following areas:
- Health: The Fund supports improved access to quality health services and health education for those living in underserved areas and those who are unable to pay the full cost of medical care and medicine.
- Education: The Fund supports programs that improve access to education (especially in medical and paramedical fields) as well as programs that serve economically disadvantaged populations.
- Social Services: The Fund supports programs that improve the lives of women, children and low-income families.
- Leadership: The Fund supports adult and youth leadership programs aimed at building stronger communities.
GrantWatch ID#: 175501
Most grants fall in the range of $3,000 to $30,000. The average grant is $15,000.
Eligible Applicants: To be eligible for a grant, the organization or institution, as well as the purpose of the proposed project, must qualify under 501(c)(3) regulations of the United States Internal Revenue Service.
Geographic Focus: Grants are restricted to applicants serving the southern Appalachian region of the United States. In particular, there is emphasis focused on Eastern Kentucky.
The Fund does not support the following:
- Endowments or capital campaigns
- Political activities
- Direct mail campaigns
To being the application process, fill out the Grant Inquiry Form online. Fund staff will then follow up with you on your proposed project.
Full applications must be received at the Appalachian Fund Office by 5:00 PM on Friday, October 13, 2017. You will be notified in January whether your request was approved or denied. Checks are typically issued in January and July.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to fill out the online Grant Inquiry form:
For more information, contact David Cooke, Director and Web Content Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-985-3941.
128 N. Main St.
Berea, KY 40403
101 Chestnut St.
Berea, KY 40404
USA: Kentucky: Eastern Kentucky