Foundation / Corporation
MGM Resorts Foundation - Community Grant Councils (CGC)
Grants to Michigan, Southern Nevada, and Tunica and Biloxi, Mississippi nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that benefit local residents. Priority for funding will be given to nonprofits that provide services in the following focus areas:
- Self-sufficiency: Affordable housing, utility assistance, vocational training, job preparation, education and employment services.
- Revitalization of communities: Services to increase healthy lifestyles, safety and collaboration among residents in specific high-risk neighborhoods.
- Early childhood development: Services to encourage positive parenting, promote healthy lifestyles and provide young children with socialization skills and the preparation necessary to enter school ready to learn.
- Success in school: Services to encourage students to graduate and aspire for higher learning choices − such as mentoring, after-school and tutoring programs.
- Prevention/intervention: Services to empower children to make positive choices.
Strength in Difficult Times
- Recovery and counseling services: Services for families, children, parents, and individuals experiencing addictive behaviors, mental health problems, abuse or special life challenges.
GrantWatch ID#: 175538
Continued or expanded agencies/projects/programs: If your organization is currently providing qualifying services, you may be eligible for a per year maximum grant of $80,000 in Southern Nevada, $15,000 in Michigan and Biloxi, Mississippi, and $10,000 in Tunica, Mississippi.
Note: If an agency receives funding for more than one project or program, the agency cannot receive a cumulative total of more than $90,000 per year in Southern Nevada,$25,000 in Michigan and Biloxi, Mississippi, and $15,000 in Tunica, Mississippi.
MGM Resorts Foundation grants are for a one-year period and do not automatically renew.
To qualify for a Foundation grant your agency must meet the following requirements:
- Record of operating as an IRS 501(c) (3) organization for a minimum of 36 months
- Provide services within the regions where MGM Resorts International employees live, work and care for their families (Southern Nevada, Michigan and Mississippi areas)
- Provide services for people, i.e., individuals, families and children
- Comply with the diversity and inclusion policies of MGM Resorts International: your organization may not discriminate, either in employment or its delivery of services, on any basis prohibited by law or the diversity and inclusion policies of MGM Resorts International, including race, national origin, color, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion, disability or perceived disability, or veteran status.
The MGM Resorts Foundation will not fund the following types of organizations/agencies or activities:
- Governmental agencies
- Public schools
- Privately funded, tuition-based schools
- Projects/programs that are exclusively devoted to medical research
- Religious organizations that do not have valid 501(c)(3) status, and that do not provide services open to the general public
- Pass-through agencies (organizations whose staff do not provide direct client services but who then distribute funding to third party organizations to provide projects/programs and services)
- Special events and/or fundraising activities of nonprofit agencies/organizations
- Capital campaigns or endowment funds
- Candidates for public office, political campaigns, ballot measures (such as an initiative or referendum, political endorsements, support for legislation, or other political issues
- Athletic or recreational programs
Deadline information: http://3blmedia.com/News/MGM-Resorts-Foundation-Accepting-Nonprofit-Grant-Proposals-2017-2018-Community-Grant-Fund
Please download the Certification Page from the Supporting Documents section below. The signed and dated document needs to be uploaded as part of your application.
Note: If you are applying for more than one project or program: You must submit a separate application for each program. Programs may not be combined on one proposal submission.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1912?SA=SNA&FID=35032
If you have any questions about the 2017-2018 Grant Process or The MGM Resorts Foundation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Michigan; Mississippi: Biloxi and Tunica; Nevada: Southern Nevada